Local Bicycle Brands?

Archie Kingpin

Hi all, been a few years since I was here, so I hope I'm posting in the correct place.

I'm looking for local bicycle companies / brands. They can be a manufacturer of any type of bicycle, at any quality level, fully manufactured in SA or imported and branded as local.

I'm looking for said companies as part of my research into a Jobs Creation project being run by a client of mine.

Many thanks

Hi all, been a few years since I was here, so I hope I'm posting in the correct place.

I'm looking for local bicycle companies / brands. They can be a manufacturer of any type of bicycle, at any quality level, fully manufactured in SA or imported and branded as local.

I'm looking for said companies as part of my research into a Jobs Creation project being run by a client of mine.

Many thanks

Titan

Pyga

Momsen

Apex

Signal

Mercer off the top of my head

Many thanks

Will be interesting to see how many are really "Local" now with coronavirus shutting down china. 

If a "local" brand cant get stock in the next 3 months, probably not local.

Will be interesting to see how many are really "Local" now with coronavirus shutting down china.

If a "local" brand cant get stock in the next 3 months, probably not local.

Mercer and calculas(butchering the names)

Are probably the only true local, design in sa and manufacturer in Taiwan is hardly local

Mercer and calculas(butchering the names)

Are probably the only true local, design in sa and manufacturer in Taiwan is hardly local

Pyga makes alu bikes here now and the new carbon Mobu is being made here - their long term vision is to make all their bikes here

Are Calculas actually built in SA?

Nope, Calculus is made oversees but the local guys "engineer" the bikes.

You can perhaps add Silverback as a bike company and look at CSixx as well as Lyne Components who does accessories.

Pyga makes alu bikes here now and the new carbon Mobu is being made here - their long term vision is to make all their bikes here

Are Calculas actually built in SA?

You can perhaps add Silverback as a bike company and look at CSixx as well as Lyne Components who does accessories.

Okay fair so mainly David AFAIK for now

But no way are Silverback manufactured here

Okay fair so mainly David AFAIK for now

But no way are Silverback manufactured here

Not only David -  Pyga have made and are making bikes here - 4 locally built Carbon Pyga Mobus will start the Epic and several of us will be getting locally built carbon marathon type bikes in the next month or two

Some Aluminium bikes are being built currently

So definitely not only David

cool video for those who haven't seen it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENEu25AC9ek

I think Silverback is German.