Would you like to have your own business?

Scinetic

Guys would you like to have your own business? If so, what kind of business would it be? If you don't want to, please tell me why. ^_^

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had my own business since 2007 and damn, I often wish to go back to Corporate. Less stress by far and way better hours. But I am now too old and white to get back into corporate at a decent salary so we soldier on.

Also feel obligated to keep people employed. We are small but at least 12 people earn their lively-hood for me.  

To be honest, that is probably all that keeps me going. I have thought about throwing in the towel many times and then you think, WWTD (what would they do). We cannot afford to put another 12 pax on the unemployment line, especially considering how many they each support.

I would love to own a distributor. But it has its own headaches. Wouldnt mind owning commercial property as well. 

Ultimate for me would be a nice piece of land near or next to a beach. Property should be big enough to be able to build a trail or two and some holiday accomodation.

All this with money I dont have.

Guys would you like to have your own business? If so, what kind of business would it be? If you don't want to, please tell me why. ^_^

Klomp kuk

Golf club and bicycle rental company in Majorca or the Algarve

<comic sans>I want to be part of a pyramid scheme... It's such a cool business model and everyone wins... Plus you get to sell stuff that's really really cool.</comic sans>

<comic sans>I want to be part of a pyramid scheme... It's such a cool business model and everyone wins... Plus you get to sell stuff that's really really cool.</comic sans>

Do you want to drive a car from just R699 p/m?!

Do you want to drive a car from just R699 p/m?!

Sounds like a bargain... Where can I sign up?

Sounds like a bargain... Where can I sign up?

So I have this Herbalife stall at the monthly homeschool meet&greet.......and you get 1 month already paid on the car installment when you buy R1000 or more of the products.

Is that all? Well it's only the beginning! You'll never have to get vaccinated again if you sign up for our new 100% organic and vegan essential oil for just R100 more p/m!!! Tell your friends!!!

So I have this Herbalife stall at the monthly homeschool meet&greet.......and you get 1 month already paid on the car installment when you buy R1000 or more of the products.

Is that all? Well it's only the beginning! You'll never have to get vaccinated again if you sign up for our new 100% organic and vegan essential oil for just R100 more p/m!!! Tell your friends!!!

That might interfere with my golden products and colloidal silver business

Being part of is no good. Being at the top is the way.  :whistling:

My wife and I started our own business in 2017. With the company I work for, we had to do something for extra cash. Back then the companies future(and the security of my job) wasn't really an issue but now we don't know if there will be a job to come back to each day so just as well we started making plans before the k@k hits the fan.

It is a small property leasing company(currently 3 paid off properties and about to buy the 4th) but is growing all the time. We luckily don't really take much from the company so all profit goes into expanding. The plan is for once the company makes enough for us to sustain our life then it will become our 9-5 but until then I will continue with my current day job and run the business on the side. My wife stopped working in 2018 when the twins were born but looking after the 3 kids is a full time job anyway, just with no salary! For now the only "salary" we pay is services to the accountant and that is not much, think around R5k a year. We are always looking at expanding and have plans to buy commercial property as well as private property in Mauritius. Am in talks with an investor but I need to show a bit more of a turn over, hence the reason I need to get more private property asap.

Haha did you also think Amway or similar when you read the thread title?

You better have a damn good plan if you want to start your own business in 2020 - you have to do something no one is doing or do something way better than everyone else.  The fewer employees the better.  The less you have to deal with corporates, the better

You are never off - holidays are always ruined and your friends will never understand

A midnight pee for a middle aged man can end up with two hours of work thoughts and anxiety

If you are white, the government will do everything to make it difficult and expensive despite the fact that you employ 40 Zulu women and no whites and have paid for their kids to go to school before it was the right thing to do.

Everyone who works for you brings you their problems and you can become a bank if not strict

Your pay packet can be great or it can halve 3 years in a row and 2020 can look bleak

medical aid, pension and those sort of things are for your account.  If something breaks or a hardrive fries, your account

On the plus side

midday bike rides but your phone will ring