Cape Epic - Pro Team withdraws

DamoCPT

Cape Epic 2020 

Do you think the event will be canceled with the recent news of some pro teams withdrawals? 

Ghost Factory racing and Spez have pulled out so far that i have seen. I'm sure Scott will follow as Nino's main focus would be on Olympics?? 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trek has also pulled out, so I suppose maybe a bit of a watered down Epic this year?

Cape Epic 2020

Do you think the event will be canceled with the recent news of some pro teams withdrawals?

Ghost Factory racing and Spez have pulled out so far that i have seen. I'm sure Scott will follow as Nino's main focus would be on Olympics??

Trek also withdrew earlier in the week.

Trek has also pulled out, so I suppose maybe a bit of a watered down Epic this year?

I think the (Pro) field will definitely be thinned out this year.

Also if Epic cancels the race,  Ironman SA will follow suit 

so it means the saffa teams can take the shine again......

The EF education team could make things interesting for the Saffas  :clap:

Cape Epic 2020

Kills me to say it but I thi k the olimpics are on thin ice even with how early it is

Should they actually go ahead, given the possible risk to all involved?

Around the world sporting events are either cancelled or postponed... can't even fall back to golf as  PGA Tour cancelled The Players after first round, no football, no F1, cricket and rugby in empty stadiums....

the australian Grand prix was cancelled this morning too and everybody was there...ready to go. 

i also think the olympics wont happen at this stage...or maybe postponed. with the traveling motorsport circus (f1, Motogp,WEC etc) accepting that this means the seasons probably wont really get going untill august due to europe melting down atm....i can see any large event happening without serious backlash

edit: as in ...sponsors involved look like they dont care about it (the pandemic) and the money machine is all that matters at he expense of spectators and athletes. this is basically what happened in the early hours this morning is at the oz GP. nobody wanted to be seen as that guy....so they decided to call it off.

Edited by morneS555

Nope, it's the amateurs that should get the credit for the race. If it weren't for them it would have been watered down-Like a rugby test match without spectators.

At the moment I think all international events like that have to be put on ice. With a virus that is so infectious way before symptoms show you can't risk it. 

The damage that could be on the card if / when this gets in to the townships with people suffering TB / HIV and other preexisting conditions  should be enough of a red flag to do the right thing. We're lucky it hasn't exploded yet and have the opportunity to learn from the rest of the world's success / failures on this and do what we can.