Koeberg Nature reserve closed to public

SURFER

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was expecting that, seeing that they have thousand of tourist visiting every day...????

You have a higher chance of getting bitten by a Puff-adder than catching Corona from a Protea.

Jokes aside, if it keeps the staff safe than cool.

Edited by Mohs

• 1 month later...

Does anybody know if Koeberg will be open for cycling when lockdown lifts a level on Friday allowing exercise?

based on current information ....  ^_^

uhm ... rather not .....

let's rather wait until THURSDAY for the final draft.  :thumbup:

safe GUESS .... NO, it wont be open for a few more months ..... not just because of the "levels", but also because Eskom will take an extra safe approach .....

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Koeberg is a national keypoint and as such will not open to public access until the national state of emergency is declared closed by the presidency. So, technically that's 15 September. But in reality that is most likely only to occur somewhere in 2021 after the second covid wave has passed us by.

https://www.eskom.co.za/Whatweredoing/ElectricityGeneration/KoebergNuclearPowerStation/Pages/Nature_Reserves.aspx

How and where do we find that notice? Any idea? I'm so unfit I just have to get there soon.

You know there are other places to ride besides Koeberg, right?

Edited by Robbie Stewart