Koeberg Nature reserve closed to public

SURFER

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know there are other places to ride besides Koeberg, right?

Like where ?

Jokes aside, what other places offer flat non-technical sections for those needing a recovery ride after a double hip replacement ?  

Like where ?

Jokes aside, what other places offer flat non-technical sections for those needing a recovery ride after a double hip replacement ?  

First off, ouch...my commiserations.

Secondly, the whole stretch between Milnerton and Melkbos on the cycle path. I know its not mtb terrain, but it sure beats not riding. and its probably as flat as you're likely to get.

[edit] - but to be fair, with wind season upon us, the moment you turn into the wind you may as well be going up Platteklip Gorge on some days...at least that's what it feels like to me...

Edited by Robbie Stewart

First off, ouch...my commiserations.

Secondly, the whole stretch between Milnerton and Melkbos on the cycle path. I know its not mtb terrain, but it sure beats not riding. and its probably as flat as you're likely to get.

[edit] - but to be fair, with wind season upon us, the moment you turn into the wind you may as well be going up Platteklip Gorge on some days...at least that's what it feels like to me...

Thanks, will pass the idea on to my buddy.  His wife had the hip-replacement.  

Like where ?

I sincerely doubt you have had a double hip replacement

I sincerely doubt you have had a double hip replacement

Never said I did ....

A friends wife did though, the reason I asked if Koeberg is open a few weeks ago.

Which you could have seen in my previous post ....

Never said I did ....

A friends wife did though, the reason I asked if Koeberg is open a few weeks ago.

Which you could have seen in my previous post ....

Missed that,apologies

• 2 months later...

Any news on when Koeberg is opening ?

Saw in the news the maintenance have been completed

Still closed, will  drop a post as soon as we hear something.  Don't hold your breath.

everyone in a while I check the activity on Strava and it's dead quiet... I'd love to take my kid there on her feva seat

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if koeberg is open?

Still closed according to the site

I have never done it and would like to have a look this holiday

I live 2km from Koeberg and we have been waiting in anticipation... The latest I heard was that it will only open once the state of disaster is called off...

It must have to do with the nuclear plant, as other Eskom conservation areas are open and even host events, so its not a general Eskom regulation.

https://www.entryninja.com/events/76296-tcs-sand-river-trail-run

However, with the Eastern Cape as a hotspot, maybe this one will also drop off the calendar.