Hey, any hubbers have Covid19 yet?

Larry King

Just putting it out there....

if you can do it anonymously, then by all means.

Victim (naming which leads to) shaming is not very productive - you don't want to drive people underground by outing them as then it gives a very real disincentive to be tested.

https://news.sky.com/story/identity-of-man-linked-to-11-british-coronavirus-cases-revealed-11931336

i don't think our first case (the guy in maritzburg) has been made public, and once the numbers are up more people will surely disclose info.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not yet, but based on my annual twice a year flu infection, I'm uncomfortable at the moment. 

Flu hits me hard and i'm not looking forward to the season

if you can do it anonymously, then by all means.

Victim (naming which leads to) shaming is not very productive - you don't want to drive people underground by outing them as then it gives a very real disincentive to be tested.

https://news.sky.com/story/identity-of-man-linked-to-11-british-coronavirus-cases-revealed-11931336

i don't think our first case (the guy in maritzburg) has been made public, and once the numbers are up more people will surely disclose info.

I was actually thinking about this, having had the virus and recovered from it might just become a serious asset. Then disclosure will make sense, having said that I would not have a problem informing people that I have been in contact with that I have been infected when that happens.

I'd counter that the best time to get it would actually be after they have developed and released the vaccine and you already had your shot...

Unless you are on the Anti-Vaxxer side of things, then your option is best yes.

Mudsimus is correct though. The best time to get it is early on.

The hospitals are not overloaded right now, but they sure will be in a very short while.

In Italy they are losing people not because they couldnt save them, its a case of choosing the ones with the highest survival possibility.

Sure it would be great if there was a vaccine, but I dont see it coming in a hurry with all of the regulations around testing etc.

I spent the weekend a little concerned as a friend came to visit from Ireland on the 9th Feb for a week. For two days this weekend I had a headache that wouldnt go away..wasn't dehydrated and I seldom get headaches unless I spend a day in the sun. I also felt a little tired but pegged that to a tiresome week at work last week. I still cycled over the weekend and felt fine and still feel fine but it's not a good feeling to have when your mind starts to wonder if you have the virus..!

Going for the test tomorrow.

Spend 4 weeks with Italians on site in SA.

Got sick and busy recovering.

How long after you have been infected can they detected the virus in your body? 

Going for the test tomorrow.

Spend 4 weeks with Italians on site in SA.

Got sick and busy recovering.

How long after you have been infected can they detected the virus in your body? 

I have seen reports of the virus being present in throat swabs up to 30 days post recovery - as well as a 14% re-infection rate -although this might be just a relapse - it's not yet clear if it relates to the presence post recovery or just a new infection.

I don't think it's anything to be ashamed about.. It's not like crabs or something. We were discussing this the other day. I would let people know if I had it... Inform my local community

same treatment for both, self isolation and let your community know

I spent the weekend a little concerned as a friend came to visit from Ireland on the 9th Feb for a week. For two days this weekend I had a headache that wouldnt go away..wasn't dehydrated and I seldom get headaches unless I spend a day in the sun. I also felt a little tired but pegged that to a tiresome week at work last week. I still cycled over the weekend and felt fine and still feel fine but it's not a good feeling to have when your mind starts to wonder if you have the virus..!

Well technically Ireland only had their fist confirmed case on 1 March... So the chances of that person having it would be slim... But then of course they may have for it from an international airport

This is a problem - my wife and 11 year old daughter have had a cold for a week, now I;m starting to sneeze - very unlikely we have covid 19 but the mind wanders

Thanks for the info.

Do they do a blood test or swab?

My local house Dr is busy up to 9pm tonight to do tests on patients.

They can only squeeze me in tomorrow morning for the test.

What's your take Vman on the situation?

I have seen reports of the virus being present in throat swabs up to 30 days post recovery - as well as a 14% re-infection rate -although this might be just a relapse - it's not yet clear if it relates to the presence post recovery or just a new infection.

Thanks for the info.

Did you call the helpline, just wondering if of any use?  (0800 029 999)

This is a problem - my wife and 11 year old daughter have had a cold for a week, now I;m starting to sneeze - very unlikely we have covid 19 but the mind wanders

So true. Have had a burning throat, headache and a runny nose this past week, and as much as logic tells me it’s a head cold and tiredness, my paranoid self kicks in every now and again and tries to say otherwise.

2 confirmed in our little dorpie Boksburg, one is teacher at a local primary school. 

Edit sorry not a teacher but a parent with 2 kids at the school.

Edited by scotty

Thanks for the info.

I don't think a test is really necessary if you are not feeling ill - just self isolate as far as possible - if you think you have been exposed then a test is a good idea, likewise if you have  a temperature of over 38.5, irrespective of if you are feeling ill or not.

I don't think medical aids are paying for negative tests currently - only positive ones.

Swab or sputum test

2 confirmed in our little dorpie Boksburg, one is teacher at a local primary school. 

Edit sorry not a teacher but a parent with 2 kids at the school.

you talking about Martins ?

So many rumours have done the rounds since the positives were announced.