Hey, any hubbers have Covid19 yet?

Larry King

I don't think a test is really necessary if you are not feeling ill - just self isolate as far as possible - if you think you have been exposed then a test is a good idea, likewise if you have  a temperature of over 38.5, irrespective of if you are feeling ill or not.

I don't think medical aids are paying for negative tests currently - only positive ones.

Swab or sputum test

Our medical aid will only cover if you are deemed to have been in contact with someone that has officially found to be positive and known to the health authorities, they will then pay for the test whether you test positive or negative. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The video of the couple on the Japanese boat cruise was a very insightful watch. He mentioned the following symptoms:

Cough

Sore throat

Fever above 37.5

Seriously out of breath when walking on level ground (no elevation gain).

Headaches

I think it's on the "official" thread.

edit: yes, here's the vlog

https://youtu.be/H2E1t3yMXgE

Edited by Frosty

you talking about Martins ?

So many rumours have done the rounds since the positives were announced.

Holy schmoley - that was one of my primary schools!

#blastfromthepast

I don't think it's anything to be ashamed about.. It's not like crabs or something. We were discussing this the other day. I would let people know if I had it... Inform my local community

Carbs or crabs?  Hard to tell which is worse these days...

The video of the couple on the Japanese boat cruise was a very insightful watch. He mentioned the following symptoms:

Cough

Sore throat

Fever above 37.5

Seriously out of breath when walking on level ground (no elevation gain).

Headaches

I think it's on the "official" thread.

edit: yes, here's the vlog

https://youtu.be/H2E1t3yMXgE

I tried to watch that, eventually got tired of it.

Whilst it may have been insightful, I get bored of listening to old people rambling because they have nothing better to do with their time.

That 30odd minute video could have been 15-20 minutes.

Whilst it may have been insightful, I get bored of listening to old people rambling because they have nothing better to do with their time.

You must be fun at parties

I like this video. It gives a calm, straight-forward and almost "wise" human interface to the hysteria. Perhaps the "ramblings" of "old people" with first-hand experience of this disease are more useful than the shitstorm of apocalyptic speculation from a media machine in paranoia-overdrive.

My parents are older and they fall within the so-called "high risk group". I forwarded this video to them and they found it useful and in a way comforting as they can relate and shape their concerns accordingly.

Ps - I have learned that it is almost always worth listening to the ramblings of old people, however tedious it/they may seem.

I like this video. It gives a calm, straight-forward and almost "wise" human interface to the hysteria. Perhaps the "ramblings" of "old people" with first-hand experience of this disease are more useful than the shitstorm of apocalyptic speculation from a media machine in paranoia-overdrive.

My parents are older and they fall within the so-called "high risk group". I forwarded this video to them and they found it useful and in a way comforting as they can relate and shape their concerns accordingly.

Ps - I have learned that it is almost always worth listening to the ramblings of old people, however tedious it/they may seem.

Exactly.... The critical think from this if that this chap had has been positive for 25 days!.. Not only 14... They had it for 5 days before the sickness really took over...And that within a few hours he went from feeling fine to his wife thinking he was going to die!

I'll happily listen to ramblings to be able to pass this information on

Would you still have listened to it if it was 15 minutes long, or also found that it could’ve been shorter?

The fact that he had to correct himself before carrying on, would’ve resulted in missing a key symptom.

The one thing O left off my original post that I didn’t find significant at the time, was the sunshine in their room. Reports coming in is that this virus dislikes us being in the sun.

Would you still have listened to it if it was 15 minutes long, or also found that it could’ve been shorter?

The fact that he had to correct himself before carrying on, would’ve resulted in missing a key symptom.

The one thing O left off my original post that I didn’t find significant at the time, was the sunshine in their room. Reports coming in is that this virus dislikes us being in the sun.

I would have. He did share important info, but he rambled.

Maybe its because I was listening to it at the office whilst trying to work.

1st case in our estate yesterday so edging closer.

Wonder if it's Patch? He is hopping across the pond constantly.

Wonder if it's Patch? He is hopping across the pond constantly.

:whistling: nah think hes gone back to UK - can see him being a super spreader though  :P