Lyne Components JB02HE rear hub

quickdraw

I've been using mine on my Gravel bike and it has been flawless. Done thousands of km and it has been a 'fit and forget' part.

Spares are easy to get and all the standards available. IMHO a no brainer if you aren't a Pikey who needs bling colored hubs

I've been using mine on my Gravel bike and it has been flawless. Done thousands of km and it has been a 'fit and forget' part.

Spares are easy to get and all the standards available. IMHO a no brainer if you aren't a Pikey who needs bling colored hubs

but they need to match your brakes....and rotors?

^_^

• 2 years later...

JB02HE feedback. 

First freehub failed after 18 months and about 5000km. 

Hub is significantly quieter than when new. 

40 minutes ago, Darko said:

Hey, I've got these. Is there anything in particular that you'd like to know? 

I've had them for about 2 years now. 

All I want to know, is it worth paying 2.5k for a rear hub?  I want to fit and forget.

I've had them for just around 2 years now. Absolutely no mechanical or technical issues with them. They're crazy loud, so you might not forget them. But they seem bulletproof so far. I've ridden a mix of JHB dusty trails as well as KZN mud fests. 

They engage instantly, and I feel they do help on tight and sharp climbs as well. 

7 minutes ago, Super Sywurm said:

All I want to know, is it worth paying 2.5k for a rear hub?  I want to fit and forget.

By today's standards, 2500zar is not a lot of money in the bike world.

If you're not buying Chris King, DT swiss or Oryx (or another proprietary engagement system), hubs are hubs. 

Gone are the days of huge gaps in tech between the mid range stuff. It's all as good as each other within a price bracket.

You can always put in 'better' bearings if you want to at minimal cost.

Pawls, pawl springs, ratchet... It's all the same these days. Lyne have really good product support, so IMHO that is worth saving 300 bucks somewhere else. 

But ja, I have had no issue with any Lyne products and have used various hubs/wheelsets extensively. 

38 minutes ago, Super Sywurm said:

Fit & forget is a Hope hub. Spend the extra money. 
I ran one for about 8 years + and when I sold it the original bearings were still smooth and the freehub still clicking nice and loud. 

And there is the problem “fit and forget”. Hubs need regular servicing, just like any other mechanical part. Neglect it or abuse it and it will let you down eventually

40 minutes ago, thebob said:

And there is the problem “fit and forget”. Hubs need regular servicing, just like any other mechanical part. Neglect it or abuse it and it will let you down eventually

I do service my hubs at my LBS, but currently by bearings need replacing every 2 months.  Might be the seal that is faulty.  And no, I don't ride through water and no, I don't use a pressure sprayer when washing my bike.  I use a bucket.

What I ment with fit and forget was, they should not bother me when I'm riding.

I am an absolute advocate for Lyne products there are so few products that can beat their Quality Price ratio

I have 2 sets Lyne Wheels and they have been extremely reliable

Dayle and his team are just so approachable ...The Lord alone knows where he gets the patients to deal with me when I walk in there.

I am really liking this Ceracoat his getting started with and my next wheelset hubs will be in that army camo color he has

I can add that I've been running a this hub on my Hyrax for over a year now. No complaints at all. I've cleaned it out and greased it twice now in that time and found the bearings running smoooooooth. Some DT Swiss special grease on the pawls and ratchet ring quieten the buzz down nicely. I've also had great experiences with DT Swiss 350, Hope and the Bontrager Rapid Drive hubs

16 minutes ago, thebob said:

I can add that I've been running a this hub on my Hyrax for over a year now. No complaints at all. I've cleaned it out and greased it twice now in that time and found the bearings running smoooooooth. Some DT Swiss special grease on the pawls and ratchet ring quieten the buzz down nicely. I've also had great experiences with DT Swiss 350, Hope and the Bontrager Rapid Drive hubs

In your opinion which has the Loudest Buzz of mentioned