RockShox launches stiffest SID yet with 120mm travel

News bot

RockShox today announced two all-new SID SL and SID cross-country forks and a race-focused SIDLuxe shock.

There is a somewhat revived model naming convention to differentiate the two new chassis. The SID SL model features a lightweight chassis with 100mm travel and 32mm upper tube measurements and a claimed weight of 1326g. The SID model promises to be more capable on the trails with longer 120mm travel and stiffer 35mm upper tubes. The bigger chassis does weigh a couple hundred grams more at 1537g.

Discover all the technical details about the new SIDs and SIDLuxe shock in the press release below.

Click here to view the article

Queue every single Rockshox sponsored athlete telling the world how this is..........wait for it....”the BEST fork they have EVER ridden”

I’m sure it’s fantastic but the scripted corporate drivel ruins new products for me.

This was obviously supposed to be launched at the Epic. Seems like the Scott boys have been riding around with them in plain sight all along.

Edited by hansolo

Queue every single Rockshox sponsored athlete telling the world how this is..........wait for it....”the BEST fork they have EVER ridden”

I’m sure it’s fantastic but the scripted corporate drivel ruins new products for me.

Didn't they all say that about the RS-1, while at the same time complain about weight and stiffness (or lack thereof) and requiring a special hub?

I do believe this may be the best from RS for it's intended purpose

I bet the price is prohibitive

• SID SL Ultimate – 1,326g – $799-869 / €869-949 / £779-849
  • SID SL Select – 1,468g – $599-669 / €649-729 / £579-649
  • SID Ultimate -1,537g – $899-969 / €979-1,059 /| £869-949
  • SID Select – 1,671g – $699-769 / €759-839 / £679-749

Looks to be cheaper than the outgoing Ultimate carbon for less weight

• SID SL Ultimate – 1,326g – $799-869 / €869-949 / £779-849
  • SID SL Select – 1,468g – $599-669 / €649-729 / £579-649
  • SID Ultimate -1,537g – $899-969 / €979-1,059 /| £869-949
  • SID Select – 1,671g – $699-769 / €759-839 / £679-749

Looks to be cheaper than the outgoing Ultimate carbon for less weight

Guess in SA terms, will be looking in and around the 20k mark taking our tanking rand and other duties into consideration.

Edited by Fond_TF2

Nice. Most of the older SIDs were way too flexy. I wonder if the Reba will get the same treatment

SiD usually brings in the new manufacturing and chassis tech which then cascades across the range.

So I guess the ReBA is next.

Funny thing is S.I.D is an Acronym for Superlight Intergrated Design so now the SuperLight Integrated Design SuperLight is the superlight option  :eek:.

I'l still take one though especiallynow that it has an Alloy crown and steerer. I gues in two years time they will re-introduce the carbon crown and steerer with graphene to make the SID SL SLC Ultimate

SiD usually brings in the new manufacturing and chassis tech which then cascades across the range.

So I guess the ReBA is next.

Funny thing is S.I.D is an Acronym for Superlight Intergrated Design so now the SuperLight Integrated Design SuperLight is the superlight option  :eek:.

I'l still take one though especiallynow that it has an Alloy crown and steerer. I gues in two years time they will re-introduce the carbon crown and steerer with graphene to make the SID SL SLC Ultimate

They would never give the new SID with carbon crown such a long name ... all that printing required on the sticker would push the fork into "enduro" fork weights!