Opinions on body/ fat shaming

Eddy Gordo

I will post the details later.

Do you guys agree if someone fat shames children on social media? Charges them more for after care/ day care cause they fat. Then when get call out about, he blocks his followers!

Edited by Eddy Gordo

Thats what I thought too, until you read the discussion by the op and others on facebook. Just downright disgraceful

Look to be honest I have a problem with fat kids. That is 100% the parents fault and its really unhealthy both physically and mentally.

No kid should ever be fat, it will cause them to be picked on and unhealthy.

When you are an adult its all on you so if that is your choice then so be it.

Look to be honest I have a problem with fat kids. That is 100% the parents fault and its really unhealthy both physically and mentally.

i mostly agree with you there, but there are exceptions of course.

michelle obama was on the right track

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthy,_Hunger-Free_Kids_Act_of_2010

This is satire. Yusuf Daniels is an author who published his first book some time last year I think it was. 'Living Coloured' is a collection of short comedic stories where he reflects on growing up as a coloured kid in Cape Town. Facebook was a huge part of his his growing exposure. He gained quite a substantial following, which he later used as a free platform to advertise small local business. He continues to retain relevance with his facebook posts. Almost all of which are just satire. 

My laaitie has a chronic condition and need to take medicine that increases his appetite and he is hungry the WHOLE time... don't parent shame when you do not have all the information.

This is satire. Yusuf Daniels is an author who published his first book some time last year I think it was. 'Living Coloured' is a collection of short comedic stories where he reflects on growing up as a coloured kid in Cape Town. Facebook was a huge part of his his growing exposure. He gained quite a substantial following, which he later used as a free platform to advertise small local business. He continues to retain relevance with his facebook posts. Almost all of which are just satire. 

thanks.

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2019-07-31-yusuf-daniels-author-of-living-coloured-i-would-not-have-written-a-book-if-there-was-no-facebook/

as with many things, context is SO important

My laaitie has a chronic condition and need to take medicine that increases his appetite and he is hungry the WHOLE time... don't parent shame when you do not have all the information.

But as a parent you cant let your kid eat himself into obesity.

Sad to hear, unfortunately some people will never get/understand it. They see someone fat and out comes the fat shaming. Everyone thinks its a funny when jokes are made about a persons girth, weight and so on. You dont see this happening with disabled people!!

Growing up as a kid, I was pretty fat. I blame my father. I was like a trophy for him because it was his way of showing the world that he could afford to give me lots of food. He really did. He boasted at every opportunity that he was feeding me well.

Then again, if you look at his upbringing, you might understand why. His father died from lung complications (was a victim of mustard gas in WW1) on the same day my father was born. They grew up very poor and his mother couldn't afford to feed the family properly.

So I guess by the time I came along, he didn't want me to suffer the same fate.

I cannot actually recall being bullied or teased for being fat, other than the odd snide comment. 

41jVqqkJ0UL._AC_SX355_.jpg

guess you've all seen this bumper sticker.

uh mean it's funny. 

it really is.

but it's also offensive and in such bad taste that putting it on your car means the joke is on you.

I've always been a fatist

That is someone who is discriminatory against overweight/obese people.

I prejudge people who are overweight and treat them differently, almost because I think subconciously they have made some bad choices to put themselves where they are. i know that's not always the case and am getting much better at not judging a book by it's cover as I grow older and wiser.

I feel the same about smokers too, but not sure if that will go away!