Will you still be traveling/riding

T_Boss

I am going with it being grossly unfair to the rest of the country who is forced to endure the lock down in the confines of their homes, if the cycling community thinks it's okay to continue business as usual, albeit on a "solo" ride.

Suck it up cupcake, and stop thinking about Numero Uno for once in your life. Cycling as a sport is a first world privilege, and your inability to ride for 3 weeks does not feature on anyone's chart of priorities that will benefit mankind.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja look. Glad i dont live in the UK or anywhere where having a backyard is almost none existing. My pozzie has a degree of space here behind the Boerewors curtain. Just about enough so i can give the fir kids a bit of a run/chase. I’d HATE to be stuck in an apartment for 3 weeks... lockdown is also very easy if you live alone ????

That's me for the next 3 weeks. One bedroom apt with no balcony. ????

I am going with it being grossly unfair to the rest of the country who is forced to endure the lock down in the confines of their homes, if the cycling community thinks it's okay to continue business as usual, albeit on a "solo" ride.

Suck it up cupcake, and stop thinking about Numero Uno for once in your life. Cycling as a sport is a first world privilege, and your inability to ride for 3 weeks does not feature on anyone's chart of priorities that will benefit mankind.

i dont own a IDT...and i have already made peace with the fact that i wont be riding my bike for 21 days minimum. it sucks because my fitness has improved somuch over the past few months and I had a goal regarding distance this year....but that just means I'll need to ride more when we can again. For now i'll get the jump rope out....better exercise than cycling anyway...

i dont own a IDT...and i have already made peace with the fact that i wont be riding my bike for 21 days minimum. it sucks because my fitness has improved somuch over the past few months and I had a goal regarding distance this year....but that just means I'll need to ride more when we can again. For now i'll get the jump rope out....better exercise than cycling anyway...

Thats me as well [emoji24] but have weights and stuff.... So will be do workouts everyday at least

Im off thursday so going for a 120km plus ride, since it will be my last for a while

No IDT but at least have a big property so will have to create a mtb track in the back yard.  :thumbup:

Don't think the missus will be too happy though with me tearing up the manicured lawn :clap:  :clap:

No IDT but at least have a big property so will have to create a mtb track in the back yard.  :thumbup:

Don't think the missus will be too happy though with me tearing up the manicured lawn :clap:  :clap:

I am considering the same. Look for Seth's Bike Hacks on YouTube for inspiration.

jassss thats not ayoba. strongs my friend! i have a static bike you can borrow? one of those Reebok gym bikes. send me PM if you are interested, its not the best bike but at least it works. I have an IDT.

That's me for the next 3 weeks. One bedroom apt with no balcony.

jassss thats not ayoba. strongs my friend! i have a static bike you can borrow? one of those Reebok gym bikes. send me PM if you are interested, its not the best bike but at least it works. I have an IDT.

I have my roadie on the IDT, already set up. Thanks, though!

I have my roadie on the IDT, already set up. Thanks, though!

Armpies you are going to get lank skinny bru

Edited by Escapee..

greetings from a locked down UK. Wow it feels like years ago that i did my first ever CTCT and still have to like at photos to confirm i actually did. 

as some have said, we are allowed an hour of exercise outside, this means a blast from the beginning to maximise the effect of an hour ride. i also have zwift which i think will become overburdened anyway with all who will now look at it dfferantly. 

Life in business is tough considering i am in freight but the UK government seems to be doing a lot to help with that. ALthough as like the rest of the world, no doubt at some point i am going to *** en betaal through new taxes. 

i would like to add that this is tough and at times dark clouds linger over the mud island, but i know we will all get through this in some way shape and form. I think its important to let fitness go if you really cant train as this will save lives. Here muppets still persisted in going to the pub even though they were meant to be closed. 

Stay safe guys and look after yourselves including those closest to you and even the old oomie on the corner. 

I also just got ahead of the curve yesterday with regards to my annual distance goal, and my fitness is at an all time high, but I weighed my own goals up with the fact that this virus is indiscriminate in who it infects and kills. People are literally dying over this, so to me, my personal fitness and cycling agenda has fallen to a very distant zero.