RGT Cycling is now free

My basic NUC PC is idiling along nicely on Windows 8 ....  (which also excluded a good few of the other options)

Wait what? nothing runs well on windows 8  :ph34r:  :w00t:

I tried RGT Cycling over the weekend after being on Zwift for the last 2-3 years.

While I had some bugs, I'm currently only doing 1-2 IDT rides a week and will be using RGT for a while. Just couldn't justify the Zwift cost for the amount of time I was putting in. Some notes:

1. Avatar stopped pedaling (my trainer does not send cadence info, but it simulated cadence on the first ride)

2. Power stopped transmitting from my mobile app to the screen app, but worked as soon as I "minimized" the mobile app (very weird)

3. Some of the areas are quite sparse, but the ones that look good look really good

4. Very few people online

5. Communication and setup worked very smoothly

6. Physics seems pretty good - cornering and drafting feel really accurate

Worth a shot if you have the time and equipment.

bit of a hit and miss for me somedays perfectly synced loaded, otherdays no power to screen but all is connected. then close pc app, reopen power works, or it stuck at loading....when that happens i usually just call it a day. happens most in the evenings. i have done the whole internet router isp tests and checks. my biggist issue is that it is not consitantly working abd that frustrates me think their servers cant cope with the load or people. but it is a very relistic and feels more solid than the arcade style thats so popular.

bit of a hit and miss for me somedays perfectly synced loaded, otherdays no power to screen but all is connected. then close pc app, reopen power works, or it stuck at loading....when that happens i usually just call it a day. happens most in the evenings. i have done the whole internet router isp tests and checks. my biggist issue is that it is not consitantly working abd that frustrates me think their servers cant cope with the load or people. but it is a very relistic and feels more solid than the arcade style thats so popular.

• 3 weeks later...

When lock down happened, I also started scouting out for online cycling apps... I used pretty much all of the free trials offered by Rouvy, Sufferfest, Zwift, etc etc...

Found RGT and it was superb, I also Liked their Facebook pages (RGT Users and RGT Events) where all the users discussed their issues and experiences and the events page where people advertised their group rides.

Friendly bunch of guys all around and replies to issues quick quick.

Needless to say I'm still using the app and met some great folks all around the world as we started with a standard Wednesday morning group ride... Guys from UK, Spain, Australia, Netherlands, Switzerland all join up each Wednesday... we chat a bit on the mobile app... then full tilt.

I love this app, not only for the very realistic riding, but also the great cycling community using it.

This app to me is more focused on the riding/cycling experience and the realism thereof, where Zwift (which you get free 25km to ride every now and again if you are not a subscriber) is more a game type platform with power ups and all sorts of funny stuff.

Just my 2c