Love in the time of corona

Shebeen

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love in the time of Corona Ep 3

"May I have this?" he repeated, holding up the hand sanitizer in front of Liz' face. "You already have one."

"Are practising self-isolation?" she fired at him. "When was the last time you washed your hands? Have you been in contact with anyone who might have been in contact with someone with the virus? How safe are you actually? Because you see, you are the first person I have had any, literally any, physical contact with since Cyril's speech on Sunday night," said Liz.

"Oh. Wow. Okay. Um," he said looking a bit taken aback at her barrage of questions. "Calm down..."

"Don't tell me to calm down," she shot back. "This is a goddam health crisis and you just touched me with your... your..." she paused as if searching for a suitable word, " your HANDS! Which could have been anywhere, AND have just stolen MY hand sanitizer!"

"To be fair, you already have one in your basket and stockpiling is selfish and not very civic-minded," he said. "On your other questions, I am perfectly healthy and have been in my house, mostly, since Monday," he said. "And what about the risk to me? What if you are a carrier?"

Liz hadn't thought of the that. She had been working on the assumption that everyone else was a threat. What if it was her? God forbid. She didn't want to be Covid case 117. Not today!

"We had better swap numbers," she said. "So that we can keep each other updated if anything happens. It seems like the most sensible thing to do," Liz said.

After some her discussion, where he tried to convince her she was over-reacting, he finally relented. She loaded him up as 'Dan Corona' in her contacts. She was 'Liz Clicks lady' in his. She had a feeling he was going to write something else but didn't because she was staring at his phone at the time. Whatevs. This was crunch time and as the tweet said 'If you feel you are over-reacting you are probably doing just enough.'

Then, thinking of it, Liz fired off a text to the 'Divas, Witches and Bitches ‍♀' group to let them know she was in Clicks and did they need anything.

"Wet wipes, tampons and chocolate ," from Fee.

"I think I need more Panado - is 4 boxes enough do you think? That's just 1 per family member. I am worried. Get me 4 more please!!!" from Kay.

She was sorry she'd asked.

// to be continued... How will Liz deliver the much-needed chocolate? Will Liz and Rayan ever? Find out here tomorrow...

Waiting with baited breath!!!  c'mon, c'mon, c'mon......

Waiting with baited breath!!!  c'mon, c'mon, c'mon......

The suspense is killing me!

Love in the time of Corona  EP 4

Just as Liz was pulling into her driveway her phone started vibrating. It was her boss video calling her. "****!" she said as she weighed up her options. Ignore? Answer but turn off video? Answer and totally own that she was clearly in her car and not at her computer?

She, being the very brave woman she was, opted for ignoring it, rushing inside, sitting quickly in front of her computer and calling him back.

"Rich! Hi!" she beamed as he connected. "Sorry man, I was making coffee." She lifted her ice-cold coffee cup from that morning in demonstration.

Richard didn't even say hello, launching right into what he needed her to do. Then she noticed his background. Since video calling had become the only way to communicate, Richard had started changing his background to set the tone of his meetings.

Today’s was just white with DATA>OPINIONS written in a spraypaint font. This did not bode well for her status call later today.

Richard's LinkedIn profile described him as a 'Co-founder, Chairman and CEO.' In short, he was a tech entrepreneur with a staff compliment of 12, a foul mouth, huge brain, unshakable self-confidence and porous boundaries.

While he was talking about a blog he wanted, she was thinking about what a disappointment this work from home thing was. It was supposed to all spending the day in your PJs, doing yoga and being more productive because of no meetings. But the reality was back to back video calls, eating all the snacks by 10am, maxing out at 987 steps each day and no time to pee.

She was going to look like a potato by the time this virus thing was over. A potato with a vicious UTI.

She zoned in just in time to hear Richard say, “So you will get on that hey Lizzy?”

“Oh, sure thing Rich,” she said quickly piecing together the conversation. “One blog post on how quantum machine learning and decentralised AI can win the war on Corona. No problem.”

Jirre. Best she get onto Google and work out what the hell that even was.

// To be continued... Where we answer questions like 'What happened to Dan? What they hell Sarah... bring back the love interest!!'

Love in the time of Corona  EP 4

Just as Liz was pulling into her driveway her phone started vibrating. It was her boss video calling her. "****!" she said as she weighed up her options. Ignore? Answer but turn off video? Answer and totally own that she was clearly in her car and not at her computer?

She, being the very brave woman she was, opted for ignoring it, rushing inside, sitting quickly in front of her computer and calling him back.

"Rich! Hi!" she beamed as he connected. "Sorry man, I was making coffee." She lifted her ice-cold coffee cup from that morning in demonstration.

Richard didn't even say hello, launching right into what he needed her to do. Then she noticed his background. Since video calling had become the only way to communicate, Richard had started changing his background to set the tone of his meetings.

Today’s was just white with DATA>OPINIONS written in a spraypaint font. This did not bode well for her status call later today.

Richard's LinkedIn profile described him as a 'Co-founder, Chairman and CEO.' In short, he was a tech entrepreneur with a staff compliment of 12, a foul mouth, huge brain, unshakable self-confidence and porous boundaries.

While he was talking about a blog he wanted, she was thinking about what a disappointment this work from home thing was. It was supposed to all spending the day in your PJs, doing yoga and being more productive because of no meetings. But the reality was back to back video calls, eating all the snacks by 10am, maxing out at 987 steps each day and no time to pee.

She was going to look like a potato by the time this virus thing was over. A potato with a vicious UTI.

She zoned in just in time to hear Richard say, “So you will get on that hey Lizzy?”

“Oh, sure thing Rich,” she said quickly piecing together the conversation. “One blog post on how quantum machine learning and decentralised AI can win the war on Corona. No problem.”

Jirre. Best she get onto Google and work out what the hell that even was.

// To be continued... Where we answer questions like 'What happened to Dan? What they hell Sarah... bring back the love interest!!'

Quantum Machine learning and Decentralised AI.... LOL! Sounds like a PhD research paper, not a blog post......