Love in the time of corona

Shebeen

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought this was about safe sex.

There is indeed a meme for that, not sure I should posting it here though  :ph34r:

i dont see how its dangerous?

this thread was created for Shebeen to entertain us with his short stories, that is not an assumption.

i dont see how its dangerous?

this thread was created for Shebeen to entertain us with his short stories, that is not an assumption.

post-41145-0-60943600-1585133424_thumb.jpg

whats your point?

I guess I have 3 points offhand

1 if you consider memes and jokes irritating the love in a time of corona is stuck to the first few pages, you don't need to go beyond there as that is where new episodes will appear

2 it says feel free to post other lite hearted stuff

3 there are lots of other more serious threads which I dont derail with the lighter hearted stuff while sharing humour in a time and on a topic when I would think its much needed

1. i find memes irritating. in email, on whatsapp groups, everywhere. i enjoy READING a short story, requiring an adult attention span.

2. other light-hearted things relating to the thread title. in the world beyond your computer screen, things are organised for a reason.

Love in the time of Corona  EP 7

“The Nursery? As well? But plants don’t carry the virus do they?”

Liz’ mom was having a hard time understanding that just because she considered something an essential service, didn’t mean the government automatically agreed. Although after hearing that UberEats was going to shut as well, she thought her mother might not be alone in her confusion.

She clicked off her phone and lay down on the couch. She really wasn’t feeling well. She had a headache, blocked nose and scratchy throat... Oh god... Did she have the Rona?

She got up and started urgently sniffing the peaches on her dining room table. She had read somewhere that a lesser-known symptom was losing your sense of smell. She gasped. She couldn’t smell a thing. And was that a hot flush? Did she have a fever? She put a hand to her forehead. It felt fine. But that didn’t mean anything! A hot feverish hand probably couldn’t feel a hot feverish forehead. And she was exhausted! It was all adding up. This was happening. It was actually happening…

She had to do the responsible thing. Obviously, she had to tell Dan. Right. Now.

<Dan Corona>

Liz: Hi. Hope you are well. I am starting to feel a bit off and wanted to let you know. How are you feeling? Liz (from Clicks)

And now she had to tell Fee and Kay. She had seen them earlier for a final Bootlegger coffee before incarceration. Liz had bought three bags of ground coffee because while there may be a crisis, this was no time to drop one’s standards! She had already had to work through the trauma of a cancelled wax appointment, she was not going to stoop so low as instant coffee. She wasn’t an animal! Sometimes she felt like the only thing standing between her and total anarchy was a Bootlegger flat white and a Woolies lasagna.

<Divas, Witches and Bitches ‍♀>

Liz: Guys! I am not feeling so great hey? Worried 

Fee: Symptoms?

Liz: Headache. Scratchy Throat. Can’t smell peaches. May have a fever. Feel like I want to cough. Exhausted.

Kay: Peaches?? 

Fee: Nose blocked? How are your teeth?

Liz: Nose a bit stuffy. What about my teeth?

Fee: Do they hurt?

Liz: mmmm. Actually yes. My back molars are feeling tender and sore.

Fee: You have sinusitis you nutter. Take an anti-histamine and call me in the morning.

Liz: ***. I just texted Dan and told him I wasn’t well ‍♀

Kay: What? You told some guy you saw a week ago and touched hands with before your besties??? Nice Lizzy. Nice. 

Liz. ***!

Fee: 

// To be continued... how will Liz recover - from her sinusitis and the mortification?

Classic!! LOL!