Supacaz super sticky kush bar tape - Cape Town

The_Hitman

You can also order online from Tokencycling.co.za they are the importers

There stock levels have been abysmal of late, plus they are now called something else and have a different website.

Basically they have stock, just not in the colours everyone wants. 

I Know some specialized stores were selling Supacaz bar tape. Maybe phone Spaz Stellies.

Useless fact of the day......Supacaz is somehow (can't remember the blood line exactly) connected to Specialized.  Someone's son etc etc.

Pretty much impossible to get Supacaz tape anymore.  The Token guys have been bought over / merged with Head bicycles.  Don't know what is cooking there but a lot of bottle cages and bar tape you can't find anymore.

Do yourself a favour..........I stumbled upon Fizik's new Vento Microtex bar tape.  Looks good.
When the time comes, I'll try and get my claws an a set to see how it compares.

i was in the same boat as you a couple of months ago, was searching for Supacaz tape as I wanted it in orange/black and their tape looks funky, eventually I sourced it then struggled to fit it as it is shorter than other bar tape. The bar tape also got dirty very quick and damaged easily. I bought me R150 bar tape just before CTCT and very happy with it.

I know I am not answering your question but just thought I will let you know.

Hi Hubbers,

Any idea who has stock of Supacaz Super Sticky Kush Handle Bar tape in Cape Town?

Thx

I ordered from Supacaz’s own website on black Friday. Shipping was quick, but the clearance by Fedex horrible.

Shipping also free with a minimum spend

Pretty much impossible to get Supacaz tape anymore.  The Token guys have been bought over / merged with Head bicycles.  Don't know what is cooking there but a lot of bottle cages and bar tape you can't find anymore.

yeah and seems their service levels are non-existent...

Have a pending issue with cracked SRT bars going on since 24th Feb, and not much has happened.

Bars split on the flat aero section, far away from any clamps.

A bit off topic, but have a look at the bar tape sold by rapide... Dirt cheap and the most comfortable bartape I have used. (No connection to rapide, just found a great value product). Only available in black though.

yeah and seems their service levels are non-existent...

Have a pending issue with cracked SRT bars going on since 24th Feb, and not much has happened.

Bars split on the flat aero section, far away from any clamps.

Those SRT bars are exactly the same shape as my chinese bars that also cracked on the top flat part, away from any clamps...

Those SRT bars are exactly the same shape as my chinese bars that also cracked on the top flat part, away from any clamps...

yeah they are, just a branding thing but would have thought they would be better quality control in place.

I am hoping to get a refund as they have no stock for another 50+ days.