Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

No, but someone within arms reach of me might get hurt after a few days...

(kidding)

Guess I will be doing a lot of this:

giphy.gif

Freelitics and daily yoga, 2 great ways to workout and not smack people at home.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was pretty clear on that. No leaving the house.

I wonder how the poor people in squatter camps are going to comply with this

It’s easy enough if you have decent hours or flat, even easier if you have a garden

Flipping miserable I would imagine if you only have a crowded shack surrounded by other crowded shacks

Seems like I'm going nowhere. 

IDT, lekker tunes, Xert. I think I'm sorted for three weeks. Just going to miss my buddies on the road.

Planned on a noice MTB/gravel ride this weekend, which has now ground (hehe) to a halt.

I sense an increase in popularity of indoor races on rouvy

Ahhhh well.... Apparently not!

So kwaad ek gooi sommer my eie k&k met klippe ????????

Ah well it is what it is ... Despite my abhorrence of IDT's I'll be setting up my 'pain cave' in the next day or two

I wonder how the poor people in squatter camps are going to comply with this

It’s easy enough if you have decent hours or flat, even easier if you have a garden

Flipping miserable I would imagine if you only have a crowded shack surrounded by other crowded shacks

It is going to be incredibly tough on them. But luckily most (probably none) of us here have that excuse.

Surely riding alone out on district roads is harmless? I cannot think that it will be a problem.

I live 1km away from bottelary hill entry.. Maybe risk it. Ill see.

It is an attitude like this that has made the lock down a necessity.

When people were ASKED to socially distance themselves and act in the best interest of the greater good, there were enough people who thought "Stuff this, Maybe I'll risk it. Ill (sic) see."

Thank you. 

I wonder how the lock down will affect our cycling. If I cycle alone it may not be an issue but how do authorities control movement? I suppose the easiest is to stop all movement.

Under strict controlled circumstances you allowed to go to supermarket for essentials, so in theory you could cycle there. 

Individuals will not be allowed to leave their homes except under strictly controlled circumstances, such as to seek medical care, buy food, medicine and other supplies or collect a social grant.

All shops and businesses will be closed, except for pharmacies, laboratories, banks, essential financial and payment services, including the JSE, supermarkets, petrol stations and health care providers.

So kwaad ek gooi sommer my eie k&k met klippe

Ah well it is what it is ... Despite my abhorrence of IDT's I'll be setting up my 'pain cave' in the next day or two

:ph34r:

Swissvan en eddy ek dink julle moet kalmeer. You guys are clearly loving the keyboard tonight. You missing the point. Alone. Up in the mountain. How is that not distancing yourself from a social setup. So eddy if i was planning on organising a skelm braai. Sure then you have a point. Besides. We dont know yet if cycling alone is part of the lockdown.

Edited by varkie2

So kwaad ek gooi sommer my eie k&k met klippe

share the sentiment - so I don't own one - there goes 3 weeks...

share the sentiment - so I don't own one - there goes 3 weeks...

Don't tell anyone but I have rollers and one of those other rear wheel only ones ... need to make space in my bike room in front of the TV