Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

From news24

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/coronavirus-faqs-all-your-questions-answered-20200325

ride and keep 1-2 riders.So dont F....k it up for rest of us  :clap: .See ya in bundu

13:14
ShareIcon

QUESTION: Will I be able to walk my dog and exercise? 

Not sure. Health Minister Zweli Mkhize said, in an interview with SABC on Wednesday, that there "shouldn't be a problem" with jogging and going for a walk.

Exactly how, when, and where you are allowed to do so may be spelt out in regulations, which had not yet been published at the time of the last update. 

Health minister Zweli Mkhize, has told SABC News that people will be able to walk their dog, and go for a jog during a three-week lockdown enforced by president Cyril Ramaphosa.

The terms around such activities however, have not yet been published.

https://businesstech.co.za/news/government/384585/yes-you-can-walk-your-dog-and-go-for-a-jog-during-lockdown-minister/

I will wait for official go ahead but It would suit my dogs, I have a long standing  agreement with the principal of local school that i can exercise my dogs there, Zero interaction with anyone, I sit on the grandstand while they run around sniffing.  

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can we cycle around the block on our own- 10 times?

From news24

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/coronavirus-faqs-all-your-questions-answered-20200325

ride and keep 1-2 riders.So dont F....k it up for rest of us  :clap: .See ya in bundu

13:14
ShareIcon

QUESTION: Will I be able to walk my dog and exercise? 

Not sure. Health Minister Zweli Mkhize said, in an interview with SABC on Wednesday, that there "shouldn't be a problem" with jogging and going for a walk.

Exactly how, when, and where you are allowed to do so may be spelt out in regulations, which had not yet been published at the time of the last update. 

Health minister Zweli Mkhize, has told SABC News that people will be able to walk their dog, and go for a jog during a three-week lockdown enforced by president Cyril Ramaphosa.

https://businesstech.co.za/news/government/384585/yes-you-can-walk-your-dog-and-go-for-a-jog-during-lockdown-minister/

I will wait for official go ahead but It would suit my dogs, I have a long standing  agreement with the principal of local school that i can exercise my dogs there, Zero interaction with anyone, I sit on the grandstand while they run around sniffing.  

i don't think this should be taken as "go for a nice hour long run" or " a nice 2hr bike ride" but rather run around or ride around your block or down your street - i mean afterall, there is method to the madness of a lockdown. be responsible! it's kinda a lifeline to help you cope from being stuck inside..........BE FREAKIN RESPONSIBLE!

Edited by finallygotabike

i don't think this should be taken as "go for a nice hour long run" or " a nice 2hr bike ride" but rather run around or ride around your block or down your street - i mean afterall, there is method to the madness of a lockdown. be responsible! it's kinda a lifeline to help you cope from being stuck inside..........BE FREAKIN RESPONSIBLE!

Cant run, knee issues besides I have no intention of outdoor cycling either, I have an indoor trainer, large screen TV, spinning videos, movies etc. Only time I will leave my property other than get essentials is to mow my pavement, AND NOW if allowed take my dogs for their walk

#freakinresponsible.  

So this is a current conversation in an estate group

CePdJJu.png

Someone ABOVE a law enforcement officer (The President) already blocked the other person from leaving their OWN house, and advised you to not let someone in to your complex

Edited by Quagga