Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever tried an online race Scotty??

The time has come

[insert jaws theme music]

I'm practicing social distance to include media as well.  :w00t:

Saudi also has some strict repercussions.. 10000SR (about R46k) and/or 20 days in prison.

Kuwait has now gone to full lockdown as people were not adhering to the curfew hours. During curfew the fine was 3 years in jail or 10 000 KD fine. Not sure if the followed through with the fines etc.

There's a man who I admired who has drunk his own kool aid. Disappointing.

wtf noakes..*smh*

to be fair, I understand that as him saying the risk to him is not great because he leads a low inflammatory eating regime. He might have a point, but without clinical data to prove it (COVID-19 is called NOVEL for a reason, as in never seen before in humans), his tweet can be taken as a proven means to protect against infection. Ironically, how inflammatory!

At least he had the sense (perhaps a lucky omission?) to not even hint at LCHF diets as prophylactic ito COVID-19.

my f*k Tim! For your sake, i hope your account was hacked <_<

Edited by Capricorn

wtf noakes..*smh*

to be fair, I understand that as him saying the risk to him is not great because he leads a low inflammatory eating regime. He might have a point, but without clinical data to prove it (COVID-19 is called NOVEL for a reason, as in never seen before in humans), his tweet can be taken as a proven means to protect against infection. Ironically, how inflammatory!

At least he had the sense (perhaps a lucky omission?) to not even hint at LCHF diets as prophylactic ito COVID-19.

my f*k Tim! For your sake, i hope your account was hacked <_<

Then gooi in the bit where no virus would keep him from going to crossfit ..wonder if he is still planning on breaking lockdown?

Edit.. his tweet could've been before official lockdown was announced

IMO he has gone full on quack now

Edited by Gen

Then gooi in the bit where no virus would keep him from going to crossfit ..wonder if he is still planning on breaking lockdown?

Edit.. his tweet could've been before official lockdown was announced

IMO he has gone full on quack now

In my view, that's the worst of his tweet: so easily seen as rank arrogance. :thumbdown:

Whether the lockdown was announced or not, i dont think that was wise of him to express his views as he did.

Edited by Capricorn

Earlier statement retracted

Please explain why?

Was it this maybe?

Said Malema: “I hear some people will be allowed to walk dogs; just don't try us, please. We support the government’s intervention, but rubbish won't be tolerated,” tweeted the leader of the red berets.

hahahahaha reading so many comments about 'I MUST JOG' etc from all those packed tidily away in their homes with a bed, a couch, a fridge full of food and wifi....

One thing this has highlighted is how the privileged like to play the victim, assume their needs above others and will justify ways to bend the rules to suit their narrative.

You don't NEED to jog or cycle outside. Please. Just follow the guidelines and stop whining like spoiled brats.

My nanny is pregnant. She shares a converted garage with 5 other people. She is due in 8 days so it could happen any day during lockdown. I cannot fetch her and due to the virus she may be without transport to the hospital and without proper care at the hospital. I am not allowed to assist. I have asked. 

So many stories like this where survival is the goal, not whether you can stay fit enough to run comrades after all this.

Perspective is a crazy sobering thing. Watching the wealthy whine is getting tiresome.

(Says the privileged guy whining about people whining)....

<>

What you will need is an official company document in full colour, letterhead, the works.

Stating in full what you do and why you are considered an essential service provider.

<>

I was told that if pulled over, these docs *SHOULD* be sufficient...

Thank you for that info - there's amazingly little information about what documentary evidence contractors/employees require to have on their person if they're working during the lockdown. It's pretty scary, last thing I want is to get locked up. I don't have a colour printer  :nuke:

On another note: I'm not regretting my indoor trainer purchase at the CTCT haha (thanks CWC), but nothing beats the real world :/. I'm almost struggling to believe this is going to happen. It's only really starting to dawn on me now. I'm just going to get on my bike tomorrow and ride as long as I can :( .

Edited by aquaratza

So I am wondering if I could cycle to work during the Lockdown?   It has been so busy by our company  7 days a week during the last 2 weeks and I have had no time to get onto the bike.   Yesterday late afternoon I saw many guys on MTB's riding and will probably see the same today as they try to get those few last km's in before being confined to their homes.

But back to my question, since I have a permit to get to work and back which is about 22km's one way.   I used to cycle it often about 10 years ago but nowadays the traffic and risks are too much and I rather drive.   With the Lockdown traffic could be so little that a cycle to work and back home could be a real option again.    That would be really awesome!