Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you misunderstood me. I accepted your point first time around.

My follow up comment wasn't about me or you. I was thinking about people who don't have cars or struggle to cover the costs (some people are without incomes during this time). There are lots of them in this country. Probably even the majority. I was just noting that the lockdown regulations don't give these people many guidelines on how to act. There's lots of stuff about motorized transport though and even a number of exceptions to cater for it.

For example, it could be a good idea to guide people (or even regulate) on which side of paths and roads to walk on when going in a direction, like cars. This could avoid unnecessary passing.

I get this completely, and my followup wasn't directed at you.

There are people who can do more than others. I just believe that it's up to each of us to do as much as we possibly can. 3 weeks is not a long time, trust me. I've worked in places where I'm between my room and the canteen and an office for 6 weeks at a time while my daughter was a few months old - that's ***. 3 weeks at home is not the end of the world.

Everything that you do outside your property put you and everyone else at more risk. The consequences of that risk are this lockdown being extended for a few months. All I'm saying is that going for your few hundred meters "comfort walk" might not seem like it makes a big difference, but when 50M people all go for their comfort walk, it adds up.

If I seem a bit passionate about this, it's because I have a son due in 5 weeks time and am pretty much scared shitless that he won't come out at the end of all this.

That dude at the end is gonna have mighty large problems if his wife sees this! [emoji38]

Whahaha.. that guy

Idiots

South Africans be like, DONT YOU DARE DO THIS YOU VIRUS SPREADER!

DH9559_3344426b.jpg

South Africans also.....

That dude at the end is gonna have mighty large problems if his wife sees this! [emoji38]

Was gonna say the same.... Paints her in pretty picture doesn't he!

If I seem a bit passionate about this, it's because I have a son due in 5 weeks time and am pretty much scared shitless that he won't come out at the end of all this.

Wow, that's tricky timing. Tell him to hang in there as long as possible. All the best to you and the family!

I'm going to be walking to the shops. Checkers is 300m from my gate, so driving is a waste unless I'm doing a big shop. As a guy living alone, I just need to take a bag to the shop to get my provisions. 

I get the sentiment of walking cos you live close to the shops, and 300m is close.... I'm just not sure it's corona close (I live 500m from the Engen Woolies and 1km from the PnP, will be driving either way).

That dude at the end is gonna have mighty large problems if his wife sees this! :lol:

That guy!! He must have a set of balls on him  :eek:

I hope for his sake he got her lots of Brannas to control "her mood" otherwise he's getting on his moer for 21 days straight! 

Wow, that's tricky timing. Tell him to hang in there as long as possible. All the best to you and the family!

Thanks Nick. Yeah, if there isn't an extension, then there's big risk of repeat outbreak - so either way it's not lekker.

Friend of ours is having a high tide pregnancy. She had been in hospital for the past month and will likely have a premmie. All I can say is thank goodness she is in there already so she has a bed and they've allocated incubators

That guy!! He must have a set of balls on him :eek:

I hope for his sake he got her lots of Brannas to control "her mood" otherwise he's getting on his moer for 21 days straight!

Looks like he's used to being slapped and donnerred by a Brandy fused tannie

That guy!! He must have a set of balls on him  :eek:

They say when life gets you down always remember there is somebody worse off than you....!

Last run, and I must say its quite a weird vibe out there. Runners, cyclists, walkers, the whole lot are being uncharacteristically friendly with a hint of condolence in their eyes.

Its a nice feeling that we're all banding together. Or a nice thought at least.

Don't forget to wipe down your steering wheel, door handles, gear stick, seatbelt, radio buttons

That is my mornings routine. Because our vehicles are shared among many drivers, I disinfect my vehicle for the day, then I know the interior is a little Safe Zone. I also sanitize my hands EVERY time that I get in.