Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

Fk this. In the UK under lockdown you may exercise outdoors once a day using common sense and a sense of responsibility.

People need an outlet and exercise is good mentally and physically. Please don't come with the BS that I'll be passing on a virus if I am allowed to exercise.

No lock down is complete. Emergency workers are out there. And plenty more. Financial services people. Supermarkets. Pharmacy. Doctor. Security. The list goes on.

We are allowed to go to the supermarket and stand in a queue 2m from a potential virus carrier. Certain may go queue for their tax payer funded grants. Etc.

This is Draconian.. are you missing that.. can't smoke.. can't drink.. can't walk outside where I live.. like a prisoner...

Cele is an acknowledgement authoritarian who wants not only to disarm us in the country with one of the worlds highest crime rates, now on this vital matter of a deathly virus he flip flops. We can walk dogs. We can't walk dogs. He treats this like a joke.

I firmly believe we should be allowed once a day to exercise outdoors. Alone. Just to get out. Please don't tell me I'll fall crash and need hospital. Driving to the supermarket I can have a car accident and need hospital.

Okay I have had my say.

and you are like this on day 1?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I 100% agree with you but as a country we've proven ourselves to be irresponsible. Over and over and over again.

Open any UK news website, tons of reports of people flouting the breakdown and abusing the exercise exemptions rules and police having to set up road blocks etc to police this.

They are seemingly no better than us at following instructions and now tons of resources are going into policing them.

Scubes you can do this  :thumbup:  Sometimes we have to make sacrifices for the greater good of society even if it makes no sense to us.

What gets me is that most townships are in their normal day routine.. so 25% of country in actual lockdown and the other 75% going about as per normal day. So what the actual F*&k??? Dont quote me on actual percentages please..

Open any UK news website, tons of reports of people flouting the breakdown and abusing the exercise exemptions rules and police having to set up road blocks etc to police this.

They are seemingly no better than us at following instructions and now tons of resources are going into policing them.

Scubes you can do this :thumbup: Sometimes we have to make sacrifices for the greater good of society even if it makes no sense to us.

Yeah, no they are a lot better than in SA. I’m sure you will find new articles to support that thinking though. But it’s been a ghost town on London for a week already.

People queueing more than 2 meters apart at stores. City is empty. Almost no cars. When you are outside people are walking past each other with massive spaces.

The pictures I posted supports this. I can post some more later if that will help.

So yes they will be some idiots, it is NOTHING like the scenes that are coming out of SA.

Edited by Patchelicious

Fk this. In the UK under lockdown you may exercise outdoors once a day using common sense and a sense of responsibility.

People need an outlet and exercise is good mentally and physically. Please don't come with the BS that I'll be passing on a virus if I am allowed to exercise.

No lock down is complete. Emergency workers are out there. And plenty more. Financial services people. Supermarkets. Pharmacy. Doctor. Security. The list goes on.

We are allowed to go to the supermarket and stand in a queue 2m from a potential virus carrier. Certain may go queue for their tax payer funded grants. Etc.

This is Draconian.. are you missing that.. can't smoke.. can't drink.. can't walk outside where I live.. like a prisoner...

Cele is an acknowledgement authoritarian who wants not only to disarm us in the country with one of the worlds highest crime rates, now on this vital matter of a deathly virus he flip flops. We can walk dogs. We can't walk dogs. He treats this like a joke.

I firmly believe we should be allowed once a day to exercise outdoors. Alone. Just to get out. Please don't tell me I'll fall crash and need hospital. Driving to the supermarket I can have a car accident and need hospital.

Okay I have had my say.

I'm looking forward to your viewpoint in 21 days... When the **** has hit the fan

All that said.. It's easy for me coming from a country without a lockdown and a very low population density and a country that largely respects the social distancing and instructions from the government...BUT... The laws are there in place and any unnecessary movement adds to the risk.. Regardless of how much impact you may or may not have.

I'll put this link here for some food for thought

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158079811557173&id=572452172

Okay I have had my say.

Okay I have had my say.

I honestly can't see people doing anything other than abusing it. So for the greater good we should just accept it and stay at home.

I honestly can't see people doing anything other than abusing it. So for the greater good we should just accept it and stay at home.

to be fair, i 'm glad he freaked out online instead of acting on impulses. Bonus, a hub bit of furniture, nicely describes her first few days under lock down.I guess we all going to have to deal with it in our own way,including freaking out online. Better safe than sorry

Dude. I see you are in Ireland.

Look- I am not responsible for war, colonialism, apartheid, migration, tribalism. etc.

I am only responsible for myself to feed and clothe myself and then once I have done that to help those around me family n friends and then my community.

I pay taxes to the corrupt buffoons in the SA ANC govt and they choose time and again to waste our taxes and steal and loot and not help those who need help. Proven time and again. I am not responsible for this- okay? so get off your high horse and if you want to help "poor black people in townships in SA" then come here and help them!

i responsibly pay my taxes and I do help people I know and I do give charity in my community financially and in other ways. That is all I can do. My taxes to the govt are my way of helping the people you linked me to - if their own Govt chooses not to help them then it is not my problem - that is where you come in, c'mon come volunteer from Ireland and go help - go for it!

And the people you linked me to- still vote for this Govt every time! That is where my caring stops.

I'm glad you care so much and when you're in GP helping the poor you care for so much, we can have a beer.

Until then do not put me on a guilt trip as I have nothing to feel guilty about. 

To add- I can tell you to read up on-

Govt corruption

Poor whites

White squatter camps- where the black Govt does not help poor whites

And there's a lot more. 

Cheers.

I'm looking forward to your viewpoint in 21 days... When the **** has hit the fan

All that said.. It's easy for me coming from a country without a lockdown and a very low population density and a country that largely respects the social distancing and instructions from the government...BUT... The laws are there in place and any unnecessary movement adds to the risk.. Regardless of how much impact you may or may not have.

I'll put this link here for some food for thought

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158079811557173&id=572452172

Look- I am not responsible for war, colonialism, apartheid, migration, tribalism. etc.

I am only responsible for myself to feed and clothe myself and then once I have done that to help those around me family n friends and then my community.

I pay taxes to the corrupt buffoons in the SA ANC govt and they choose time and again to waste our taxes and steal and loot and not help those who need help. Proven time and again. I am not responsible for this- okay? so get off your high horse and if you want to help "poor black people in townships in SA" then come here and help them!

i responsibly pay my taxes and I do help people I know and I do give charity in my community financially and in other ways. That is all I can do. My taxes to the govt are my way of helping the people you linked me to - if their own Govt chooses not to help them then it is not my problem - that is where you come in, c'mon come volunteer from Ireland and go help - go for it!

And the people you linked me to- still vote for this Govt every time! That is where my caring stops.

I'm glad you care so much and when you're in GP helping the poor you care for so much, we can have a beer.

Until then do not put me on a guilt trip as I have nothing to feel guilty about. 

Govt corruption

Poor whites

And there's a lot more. 

Cheers.

Scubes, none of this misguided rant has anything to do with the current situation. Do your bit. Stay at home. Do not take unnecessary risks, or put yourself in the position where you could face forced quarantine or jail time due to non-compliance during a pandemic. If not for others, then for yourself and your family's sake. Take the bold bit and stand by it. You are in lockdown for the sake of your community and yourself. 

EDIT: I say misguided, because you've just exploded at a perfectly sensible post, and are bringing completely unrelated issues into this. Just because others are flouting rules, doesn't give you the right to. In fact, flouting htem would land you in serious trouble. This is not the time to rail against govt spending and corruption, or at least say that that is reason enough to not abide by the lockdown rules. 

EDIT 2: To be fair, I understand your frustration. I think of the ban on outdoor exercise (outside your property boundaries) is a tad over-zealous, but it's not up to me to decide if it's required or not. I would have LOVED to go for a ride this morning, 'cos I missed my last chance yesterday and the day before due to various factors, but it is what it is. We can only adapt to the current situation and make the best of it. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

I for one do not want to be the one the Police or army wants to make an example of.

Plus, it is the responsible thing to do for the good of the country.

I will sit at home and consider IDT or crossfit style body weight exercises.

Consider this your off-season. Comrades ain't happening, no matter what happens in the next 3 weeks.

I for one do not want to be the one the Police or army wants to make an example of.

Plus, it is the responsible thing to do for the good of the country.

I will sit at home and consider IDT or crossfit style body weight exercises.

Consider this your off-season. Comrades ain't happening, no matter what happens in the next 3 weeks.

Just remember to tell everyone about it, even your neighbours

Govt corruption

Poor whites

And there's a lot more.

Cheers.

Your frustration is completely understandable. SA is tough place to be at the best of times.

But right now the best approach to make the most of it. Us South Africans are good at that. Chin up! And rather vent here than at home

Edited by Patchelicious