Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

snip

and will the person who borrowed my Vader Helmet please return it. I need it for those road blocks.

"These are not the cyclists you seek..."

"go about your business"

: that is NOT an approved mask sir!

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"....

:lol: 

post-64325-0-08839400-1588238390_thumb.jpg

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please direct me to the regulation. I might have missed it. Or if we're reading the same one, viz. 5 (1) - (2), it's certainly unclear.

Either way, it will be interesting to see how many people don't have face masks (or similar) whilst out exercising.

5. (1) A person must wear a cloth face mask or a homemade item that covers the nose and mouth when in a public place, or another appropriate item to cover the nose and mouth

(2) No person will be allowed to use any form of public transport, or enter a building, place or premises, if they do not wear a cloth face mask or a homemade item that covers the nose and mouth when in a public place, or another appropriate item to cover the nose and mouth.

What exactly is unclear about this? 

Bah. Enforced high-altitude training, here I come. 

All of the green belt trail from the top of Southern Cross (by the stairs) to Trail and Tar is within 5km of my place. Yayness!

Its cute what Capetonians think high altitude is  :P

5. (1) A person must wear a cloth face mask or a homemade item that covers the nose and mouth when in a public place, or another appropriate item to cover the nose and mouth

snip

OH YEA.... :ph34r:  :clap:

Edited by morneS555

Shame Duane, did someone take your entjies or something, im gonna ride WHEREVER I want just because I can. Why are you being THAT guy? if you want to report me, you will have to catch me first...

Shame Duane, did someone take your entjies or something, im gonna ride WHEREVER I want just because I can. Why are you being THAT guy? if you want to report me, you will have to catch me first...

BRING IT! I'M READY TO DEFEND MY TURF!

CHAPIES IS MINE YOU HEAR. MIIINE!!

In all seriousness as vetseun said I think the only way they can enforce this is bopah-ing people who are still out and about after 9. I'm gonna stay within my 5km radius tho. I'm happy with that.

It certainly beats yet another Zwift volcano climb or some such crap.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I'm just waiting for all the outrage outrage when 300 cyclists are arrested on table mountain going for #morningshreddies..

Selfies of the #fitfam on top of Lions Head etc.... 

Then an announcement that exercise is revoked because people can't follow simple guidelines....

i used Garmin Maps and was able to create a 30km round route without any overlaps within my 5km radius. now the question is can i complete 3 laps of that loop within 3 hours....  :ph34r:

unfortunately the route has many robots and stops streets in it, so 2 is more likely attainable

I'm just waiting for all the outrage outrage when 300 cyclists are arrested on table mountain going for #morningshreddies..

Then an announcement that exercise is revoked because people can't follow simple guidelines....

It will be Friday, good Hub subject matter

Also you won't get out of choekie until at least Monday night....

Edited by capediver

Inevitable

So commuters can cycle to work in the morning, but then they can't cycle back home again after work?

Huh

Loophole hunters and people who have somehow lost the ability to read for comprehension. Lets hope the offenders are shown the error of their ways rather than a blanket ban being reintroduced.

I don't agree with the regulations, but I also don't feel like getting a record. 

So commuters can cycle to work in the morning, but then they can't cycle back home again after work?

Huh

Come on ..you have your permit to work have you not?

There is a clear difference between commuting and recreational exercise.