Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

I just realised, even though I know about the 8pm curfew. I wont be able to go for a road ride. We fasting right now. I would of done my ride in the evening, but guess I will have to wait another month. Ahh well, I will say that the curfew is therefore not fair. (let the fighting begin)

The DA is onto these stupid rules that the ANC keep coming up with. They're going to challenge in court next week.

there's also a law firm that has addressed the broader constitutional violations of the lock down rules.

Seems there is growing discontent with the negatively discriminatory regulations that are being pulled out of the ANC hat.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just received this...

"

Hi Ben, thanks for your query.

Sadly Table Mountain, as well as the beaches amongst various other facilities, will remain closed during level 4 lockdown. The word came from the top so it’s simply out of Sanparks’ hands. Other places that may provide some interim relief for your legs include the greenbelts and a few other spots around Cape Town namely;

“...public thoroughfares across the city will be open for those residents who want to run, jog, cycle or walk within a 5 km radius from their homes between 06:00 and 09:00.

These include spaces such as:

• Sea Point promenade (the paved area, and not the grass, or play area)

• Muizenberg to St James walkway

• Strand promenade

• Willis Walk in Simon’s Town

• Kommetjie walkway to lighthouse

• Government Avenue next to the Company’s Garden; and

• all other publicly accessible boardwalks or pathways

We have posted this info to Facebook and twitter and will continue to keep the public up to date with any developments. - https://bit.ly/2WiLl6q"

Now I'm confused.

Don't be....The Greenbelt is open for business....

jis.... ek is so opgewonde soos 'n dominee wat op honeymoon gaan!

Hiehie ....

Tires pumped ... water bottle filled ... lights charged and fitted ... clothes put out ....

SUPER EXCITED !!

The DA is onto these stupid rules that the ANC keep coming up with. They're going to challenge in court next week.

there's also a law firm that has addressed the broader constitutional violations of the lock down rules.

Seems there is growing discontent with the negatively discriminatory regulations that are being pulled out of the ANC hat.

Not sure how true this is. I was chatting with someone about a possible contract for the manufacture and supply of medical grade masks for hospitals. Anyway I found out today, that government has spent a large amount of money buying fabric for ppe. Now the materials is somewhere in storage and not being utilized.

This person does lots of work for hospital and doctors. He was supposed to get the contract 2 weeks before lockdown, but everytime there is a "delay". Shame, he is still hopeful, I have given up 3 weeks ago already.

the cynic in me cant help but think their new found voice the past few weeks is merely political masquerading (in context of their recent implosion) so it looks like they are actually voicing the concerns of their more rightwing voter base.

I say this because the things they have been saying recently echo the wife's toppies' ramblings the past few weeks lol. truth is....they wont do anything. As long as it looks like they tried....you know...for the voters :whistling:

Edited by morneS555

So you stay just above White's road ? I would be quite happy to cycle that road up and down for a month ! Enjoy .

I stay in Hoekwil and whites is across in wilderness heights - so I ride whites in most of my loops - best part is the gravel is so good I often do it on the master

Edited by Waynemol

I just realised, even though I know about the 8pm curfew. I wont be able to go for a road ride. We fasting right now. I would of done my ride in the evening, but guess I will have to wait another month. Ahh well, I will say that the curfew is therefore not fair. (let the fighting begin)

Just a real question to understand/interested - because you are not allowed to take water or is it absolute not allowed in SA?

I ask because in Malaysia most of the fasting guys ride in the evenings after iftar, but some do ride during the morning/day - but DONT consume water/anything. Which is nuts in that climate, but allowed. 

Don't be....The Greenbelt is open for business....

I'm withdrawing my interpretation and going to wait and see....too much fighting and confusion, mayor says pathways OK, Ward counciller so NO GREENBELT...so road riding it is until the mud clears...