Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

Haha. No man.

But that ugly surface has bedded in and it's not nearly as bad as it was in the beginning.

@all the okes itching to get on it. Don't worry. Be patient. It's still there and it's just as amazing as ever. Just a few more weeks.

If i could have 1 cycling wish it would be for chappies to be closed to cars for just 4 hours once a month. 8-11 on the first Sunday of every month. Just cyclists, runners and walkers.

:lol:

Tsek. Clearly need another coffee. The chasm is too large at this point. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[08:43, 5/5/2020] <Number Removed>: Hi guys

This is a warning! Don't try exercising after the 9 am curfew. I was held by the police for 14 hours. No food no water no chairs to sit on. Just hard concrete floor. Unbelievably cruel. Animals at the SPCA are treated better. 

I was arrested on Friday for riding my bicycle after the curfew. 5kms away from home. They are not messing around. Please do not take any chances. Forward this without disclosing my name. 

First I spent 9 hours in a holding cell at a police station with four other men, two beggars, one guy caught driving at 745 pm and the fourth was caught illegally transporting chemicals. Thankfully all nice people. I paid bail for the 2 beggars because they were seriously screwed and would have stayed in jail for a week or two. 

The worst part was not having a clue what was going to happen next and when. The holding cell had a solid steel door, no way of communication unless you shout. We sat in there for hours hoping an officer would tell us what was going on - all the while thinking that any minute they would allow us to pay for bail and get the hell out of there. 

When I was arrested I was told that I should expect bail "soon". I did not see police officer for a few hours after being locked up and even then whenever anyone appeared they would say "yes yes soon don't worry". 

Eventually they moved us in a police van late Friday night to the Randburg police station where our fingerprints were taken. That took another 2 hours. Finally I was released after paying R500 bail at 3 am after being taken back to Douglasdale police station. 

No amount of pleading or asking for a second chance helped. I did not dare offer a bribe. The guys who arrested me did not ask for one. 

Bail was granted and I have to make an appearance in court in Randburg on 2nd July. 

Please, this is not a joke. Nor an exaggeration. Don't mess with them/tempt fate. Black, white, rich or poor it doesn't matter. I was the only white person.

I see this doing the rounds on whatsapp. Is it a real event that actually happened?

Considering how much fake BS many different people usually forward to me

And when there's legitimate info/events none of those people "forward" anything, I've been very doubtful about that whole message since the first time I saw if

you need better 'friends'. People know not to forward me  crap from facebook or other WA groups. it gets you a spot in the "delete a friend a day" list lol

Does anyone actually 'know' this guy ? Just my usual old cynical self maybe ....

My spidey sense also went into BS alert mode with that message.

Looks allot like the Fake News WhatsApps that do the rounds regularly.

Even if the purpose was noble, ie. trying to get people to take the restrictions more seriously, Fake News is still Fake News.

I will not forward until verified.

My spidey sense also went into BS alert mode with that message.

Looks allot like the Fake News WhatsApps that do the rounds regularly.

Even if the purpose was noble, ie. trying to get people to take the restrictions more seriously, Fake News is still Fake News.

I will not forward until verified.

not to mention they all sound/look like they are written by exactly the same person. There's a definite 'formula' to all those. 

you need better 'friends'. People know not to forward me  crap from facebook or other WA groups. it gets you a spot in the "delete a friend a day" list lol

trust me those people have been removed long ago from facebook along with the " for every like " , " Like for , ignore for " crowd

Felt like I was getting 2nd hand stupid 

whatsapp is a little harder to control and I don't have to time to go and block all  of the clowns , either ignore or throw back sarcastic comments till they learn to stop 

TNT1, am I mistaken, or were you MIA for a long time?

I see this doing the rounds on whatsapp. Is it a real event that actually happened?

I suspect it's fake. Contravening the regulation will end up being issued a with a admission of guilt fine with the option to to go to court. AOG is set by the Magistrate in your respective magistrate's district and by ours it was set at R500. There is a big difference between arrest and detention and detention of most covid related cases is highly unlikely because of the risk of contaminating members or other prisoners. Concerning a criminal record: in most covid cases you will be charged on a FIC and not a case docket , to limit the probability of contamination no fingerprints is taken on a fic thus eliminating the chance to get a criminal record. However if caught a second time you will be in trouble.

Stevief, seriously get a life you sad person !

I had to go back to find what you were referring too.... But you clearly missed the sarcasm dripping from his post