Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

Definition of a police state bru.

1. Turn law abiding citizens into criminals by passing arbitrary laws

2. Encourage neighbors to report each other on infringements of said laws

neighbours calling each other out on social media to kudu's from said totalitarian state

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definition of a police state bru.

1. Turn law abiding citizens into criminals by passing arbitrary laws

2. Encourage neighbors to report each other on infringements of said laws

North Korea is Best Korea

FML welcome back - Thought you were banned for life from thehub...

Someone who can give some of these recent kb warriors a run for their money IMO.

I see this doing the rounds on whatsapp. Is it a real event that actually happened?

and you will be arrested with your toddler because sad toddler behaved like a child and bolted onto the beach. You will not be alone because you have 23000 odd similar people while criminals are not being caught and cigarette smuggling hits a high...

carry on

Ir arrested for standing still... social distancing in the back of a police van doesn't apply... https://www.facebook.com/roxgeee/videos/10156875431155843/?sfnsn=scwspwa&d=w&vh=i&extid=1YhPCZqfu2YQqT2x&d=w&vh=i

Are we allowed to ride a tandem during this crackdown period?

Logic would suggest you can, assuming you ride with someone from your household, but I’m not sure if logic applies at the moment.

Hey guys, not sure this is the right thread to post this in but do any of you know what level bike shops will open again or if anyone is already operating in the Somerset west/ Stellenbosch area? Really enjoying getting out in the mornings but it would be more fun with a working back brake....

I watched some YT videos to try fix it myself but I don't have the tools I'd need and there are a few other things my poor Giant Revel needs looked at as well.

Did some laps of Chappies this morning. I cut it fine but I was safely indoors by 8.58.

There were loads of people that had no hope of making it back home by the 9.00 cutoff when I called it. Hopefully the police release some violent criminals to make space for these house wife's and their daughters in prison where they belong.

Mask usage was pitiful. Hopefully these people are arrested too. I also spotted a kid on a skateboard clearly having fun. Surely this is illegal?

I've bravely reported this on the local FB page.

I'll have a look at strava flybys later so I can bravely report and 5km violators to Facebook and on here too.

Ok I'm off to Woolies which is of course completely safe.

post-83454-0-44512000-1588752299_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Duane_Bosch

If I was a cop I would arrest anyone in Rafa. Wearing Rafa is probably the worst offense .

Also I have just started watching all my CCTV video from my camera that looks into the street and most of you will be happy to learn that I saw many people running and walking dogs with no masks and one shmuck was 6.6 km from his house. As I know these folks as they live in my hood I called the cops immediately as one should do and they have informed me the perps have been arrested and prosecuted .

Furthermore I spotted a couple through the telescope that i have on my balcony 2 perps clearly not wearing masks and they were contravening the social distancing rule and I might add they were not adequately protected. I have submitted the video evidence onto saps for further investigation of these criminals. They are putting all our lives in grave danger .

Thanks dude. I get it. But really, I would rather get the virus now while the hospitals are empty than in 6 to 9 months time. Remember at least 70% of us ARE gong to get the virus. The lockdown is not to stop it just slow it.

Haha, that cop-shark meme is awesome.

In Durbanville the mask usage today was pretty good; probably 80%. I only saw one group (during a 30km ride in the suburbs).

Unlike two days ago I didn't see anyone "rogue" riding on the TMTBC trails.

People are being fairly compliant here.

Haha, that cop-shark meme is awesome.

In Durbanville the mask usage today was pretty good; probably 80%. I only saw one group (during a 30km ride in the suburbs).

Unlike two days ago I didn't see anyone "rogue" riding on the TMTBC trails.

People are being fairly compliant here.

Just don't look on your flyby's...

Many Durbanville peeps are just not that keen on the 5km radius anymore. Malanshoogte & Contermanskloof getting busy, fairly certain by the weekend the group rides will stretch to Philadelphia & Klipheuwel.

Kloof this morning, group 5 of and a few without masks.

About 70% without masks, and many just keeping the mask or buff around their neck, like seriously.

post-67394-0-66491000-1588756361_thumb.jpg

Edited by Veebee

Just don't look on your flyby's...

Many Durbanville peeps are just not that keen on the 5km radius anymore. Malanshoogte & Contermanskloof getting busy, fairly certain by the weekend the group rides will stretch to Philadelphia & Klipheuwel.

ahahahahaha! I just checked my Flybyes and yeah, some peeps have a ~very~ loose idea of 5km  :P . I measured one guy's radius and it was 11km (he mostly went in a straight line). But yeah, I understand  :unsure:

I figure climbing hills with a buff could be good training for Sani2C...

Edited by aquaratza

I do that. I only cover my face when I'm passing other riders or runners or pedestrians.

I saw that while passing them so they are not applying the same mentality...