Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

If I were faced with a choice like that I'd do the same. Maybe get caught vs definitely go bankrupt - easy.

Fortunately I had the option of waiting, and will be trading by email and courier from Monday. Thanks Mr Patel for finally seeing the light...

And since this thread is actually meant to be about exercise, I'll be hitting a celebratory ride tomorrow.

Nice!! I’m chuffed for you guys man!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when I walked outside I decided it was not cold enough for longs, so just had my normal short bibs with a long sleeve shirt.

When I got back my legs were red from the cold.

But it looks like my legs like cycling in the cold, we seem to have one misty morning a week for the last month or so, that misty morning always coincides with my PB on my Giro d'hood loop.

Haha! My legs seem to be okay, I ride with baggies and my match sticks seem happy for now.

Temperature here in Modderfontein was low of 2' with average of 4'.

Still confused at number of cyclists without masks and lights . 

was nice riding the rain this morning. somehow feels faster lol. combine that with riding in the dark and it feels like you are going mach 3. 

Edited by morneS555

was nice riding the rain this morning. somehow feels faster lol. combine that with riding in the dark and it feels like you are going mach 3. 

Meh... for the first time this week I woke up early... 5am breakfast, I though "let's get this 100km attempt done today !"

As I was doing my final checks on the bike I realised it was raining outside.... ended up doing Alpe du Zwift instead :D

A trick i learnt while scuba diving.

Apply a thin layer of J&J no tears baby shampoo to the lense.

If you don't have dont stress, just put some spit on it.  :thumbup:

Was going to hit the road at 6am this morning. Had a crappy night of sleeplessness.

Going to hit Zwift Tour for all at 12pm.

Didn't do anything yesterday...

Was going to hit the road at 6am this morning. Had a crappy night of sleeplessness.

Going to hit Zwift Tour for all at 12pm.

Didn't do anything yesterday...

"time spent doing nothing is time well spent"...

I died twice this morning.

I went way outside the death zone, and I only got back home at 9:30. Coronachan gonna eat me now.

Oh, wait, that's not right. The rule is arbitrarily meaningless. About 3km from home and well after 9, a SAPS van drove past me, they waved in greeting and carried on. 

No one cares. The crackdown is over.

I know it's a generalisation (and based on my recent exercising regime) but why is it mostly guys who plod around not wearing masks and acting like they are elite athletes so don't have to worry about things like consideration for others. Most of the ladies / girls running hard and wearing masks near these guys is almost 100%. 

I know it's a generalisation (and based on my recent exercising regime) but why is it mostly guys who plod around not wearing masks and acting like they are elite athletes so don't have to worry about things like consideration for others. Most of the ladies / girls running hard and wearing masks near these guys is almost 100%. 

Can't help you. I ride alone and wear a mask.

Quite simple, I can't breathe with a mask on. I have tried Ciovita, Anatomic, a buff. Simply can't ride with one on. I ride with a buff around my neck, and I pull it over my mouth when I come across other people, which is luckily once or twice in a ride - I'm lucky to be out on some open trails where I live. 

For now it's not a legal requirement, so I am not going to lose sleep over it. 

EDIT: I am guessing real elite athletes also find it easier to exercise with a thing on their face that restricts breathing that recreational cyclists.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

Quite simple, I can't breathe with a mask on. I have tried Ciovita, Anatomic, a buff. Simply can't ride with one on. I ride with a buff around my neck, and I pull it over my mouth when I come across other people, which is luckily once or twice in a ride - I'm lucky to be out on some open trails where I live. 

For now it's not a legal requirement, so I am not going to lose sleep over it. 

Thanks for trying your best and being honest.

My wife also feels claustrophobic with a mask, might be something in the genes...

Do you struggle with breathing at Recovery pace as well or only at higher intensities?