Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure it's done via USB now as technology has evolved but 10 years ago they would record the scan directly from the scanner onto a CD for me that I could then play to show my parents their first grandchild's picture and heartbeat etc.   

So maybe ask them if they can do that for you? 

thanks.

all in the cloud now....although the videos don't have sound in most cases. (probably for size) Her doctor changed practices - and also therefor cloud service....he previous one you were able to log into an app and watch it live as she did the scan. so there was the hope atleast of being present in the moment. But we caught her right after the change...so nothing was up and running yet. I still see the pics afterwards when we get home obviously....but there's a bit that goes missing from not being able to experience it live with your partner....sucks if you consider that this is basically all we have as dads-to-be before you physically get to hold the child after birth and have to catch up on 9 months of physical bonding lol

edit: sorry OT

- as you were

Edited by morneS555

For the love of all things holy can one of the many whiners about cyclists riding in groups please define exactly (not more than about ... Or more or less ... Just an actual bloody number!) how many constitutes a 'group' so that we can all conform to their rules?

Bloody curtain twitchers everywhere!

I was gonna ask who got you all in a tiz when I saw your tweet this morning.

I did Bing this for you though:

How many is in a group?
A group must consist of at least 2 members (you and at least one other)

So, I dunno. 

Edited by TNT1

Sadly common logic seems absent with many on this thread ....

Living in a hotspot, and pushing to ride in groups from other house holds ....

Clearly the concept of social distancing eludes some .... :(

Each to their own .... we will our bit.

Not sure if that was aimed at me but I was definitely etly not pushing to ride in groups, as a matter of interest many on here actually know that I'm a 'lone ranger' and almost only ride solo besides an occasional ride with one other... I'm only human if you cut me do I not bleed?

My question stems from a few comments I've seen where people want to report small groups (3 or 4 maybe) to ride together but turns out they actually live in the same house and others again that ride in areas that have been identified as possible bike jacking areas in the passed and feel unsafe riding alone. I suppose some would say then stay at home or ride round the block but I'm not wired that way...

To each his own I suppose?

i really think you are not fully exploring the possibilities of helmet/mask combos with that cycling top. :whistling:

Hehehe

Yeah, its an older Assos top with a pseudo leather neck area to keep the area entirely warm, dry and insulated.

Very Darth. 

For those that want some facts, see https://www.gov.za/sites/default/files/gcis_document/202005/43364gon608s.pdf - the actual document as Gazetted last night.

Now please read carefully .... this is NOT a "complete" document !!  This Gazette is to be read WITH the previous Gazette, as this 20 pager only deals with the changes from the previous 36 page document....  The changes to be read together with the previous document ...

O-well .... please dont let facts derail a perfectly good assumptions thread ...

PS - we did NOT skip to "Level 2" as some media documents would suggest ... Table 2 is still very much in play .... 

Well, I haven't followed the 5km rule since the start of this and I'm not about to start now.

Whats this 5km rule you talking about??

For those that want some facts, see https://www.gov.za/sites/default/files/gcis_document/202005/43364gon608s.pdf - the actual document as Gazetted last night.

Now please read carefully .... this is NOT a "complete" document !!  This Gazette is to be read WITH the previous Gazette, as this 20 pager only deals with the changes from the previous 36 page document....  The changes to be read together with the previous document ...

O-well .... please dont let facts derail a perfectly good assumptions thread ...

PS - we did NOT skip to "Level 2" as some media documents would suggest ... Table 2 is still very much in play .... 

At least it is clear that under level 3 the 5km radius is no longer applicable.

Link to this document containing table 2? The 36 page doc from 29 April only has Table 1. No mention is made in that document of a table 2.

https://www.gov.za/sites/default/files/gcis_document/202004/43258rg11098gon480s.pdf

Unless you mean another doc, in which case, link please.

This whole document seems to only talk about level 4

check which link you click on ...

"the full document" is the original Level 4 document

This link should take you to the Level 3 document, which DO speak to the Level 4 document.  The latest publication relates to changes only ... so you really need to read the two next to each other to keep track .... https://www.gov.za/sites/default/files/gcis_document/202005/43364gon608s.pdf

One big difference :

Level 4 document : Table 1 - this was one very long and confusing list, primarily trying to say who may work, while listing various exceptions ....

Level 3 document : Table 2 (page 18) - this is a much shorter list of "specific exclusions only".

This website may be an easier read for those short an attention span: .... https://sacoronavirus.co.za/2020/05/24/alert-level-3-infographics-guidelines/

This website has since been "cleansed" .... pity I did not take screen grabs .... there WERE long lists of when which industries could return, with many that were destined for Level 2 is now allowed under Level 3 ..... would appear pressure from various fronts have sped up the unlocking of the economy.  Good for the economy, now to see if we can be adult enough to keep our distances, use those masks, limit your exposure ...... 

What I saw this afternoon certainly has me WORRIED, people have learnt NOTHING, and are carrying on as normal in the midst of the "hotspots" ....