Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

If the official one is postponed the unofficial one can take place with team cars and no stops. Win. Win. Win.

Tell us more!

Postponed 'til when ?

And unofficial, like how?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell us more!

Postponed 'til when ?

And unofficial, like how?

IF, I personally still think it will happen.

If people have been buying booze and cigarettes for 3 months I am sure people will find a loop whole to pedal bikes in small groups of 12.

IF, I personally still think it will happen.

If people have been buying booze and cigarettes for 3 months I am sure people will find a loop whole to pedal bikes in small groups of 12.

I miss the DC

I saw Jakaranda cycling club has already organised a "spontaneous group ride" for the first weekend in September. Let's see if it flies.

Speaking of which, I was thinking yesterday of arranging an unofficial East Rand Hub Spring Day ride.

Speaking of which, I was thinking yesterday of arranging an unofficial East Rand Hub Spring Day ride.

It's called a spontaneous ride nowadays ;)  :)

Can't seem to find any info about the exercising time restrictions. Anyone manage to see something? My assumption is its the same as the general curfew now.

Not that it matters that much, not keen on riding in a group or solo due to two different risks so I'm sticking to trails for now.

Wonder if Gyms will be able to APPLY the rules .....

Each time you put down weights you must first take it to staff to clean it ....

EVERYBODY in the gym to wear a mask, even while training ....

actually feel sorry for the gym owners .... absolutely no way you can show a profit so few people allowed into the gym.  

actually feel sorry for the gym owners .... absolutely no way you can show a profit so few people allowed into the gym.  

My local Gym (not virgin) that I go to is looking to open in 6 weeks time. I wonder if they think it's going to drop to L1 in 6 weeks?

They've taken the opportunity to remodel during this time.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Wonder if Gyms will be able to APPLY the rules .....

Each time you put down weights you must first take it to staff to clean it ....

EVERYBODY in the gym to wear a mask, even while training ....

the committed gym boets and boedettes are not where they make their money.... they make their money in  the month of January alone....

all those new years resolutions that dont make it past march coupled with those 2 year contracts....

all those new years resolutions that dont make it past march coupled with those 2 year contracts....

January 19th is the date when most new years resolutions grind to a halt.

the committed gym boets and boedettes are not where they make their money.... they make their money in  the month of January alone....

That, and the Vitality crowd (and other rewards programs)

At the best of times the Vitality crowd is moaning about not getting their points .... going to get interesting when they cant get their points because they could not get a booking to be one of the 50 allowed in .....

slightly off topic .... sports stores have done a BOOMING trade in various fitness equipment.  LOTS of home gyms were set up .... wonder how many of the serious athletes are lining up to go back to a gym.

Disclaimer - in the 90's I did the gym thing for a few years.  Twice unsucessfully, then got a good rythm for a few years.  My work hours changed, and the even rush hour at the gym did not work for me .... know the vibe, but moved on ....

Edited by ChrisF

January 19th is the date when most new years resolutions grind to a halt.

Especially if new years resolutions were paired with splashing out big on bling kit "because it will motivate us" haha