I have to throw away my Polar M450

Zeffer

The mini USB connector's littly tiny connecting pins got bent. Polar cannot repair it coz this is a sealed unit. Hence as soon as my battery runs out I will throw it away.

Anyone else had this happen? Maybe a solution?

I have the same concern about my Garmin 130. The little connector plug for charging on the back appears to be very flimsy and I'm worried that not if, but when it breaks I'll not be able to have it repaired.

I have the same concern about my Garmin 130. The little connector plug for charging on the back appears to be very flimsy and I'm worried that not if, but when it breaks I'll not be able to have it repaired.

Warranty replacement at Garmin. I don’t think the pay in will be much, unless you try do an upgrade

The mini USB connector's littly tiny connecting pins got bent. Polar cannot repair it coz this is a sealed unit. Hence as soon as my battery runs out I will throw it away.

Anyone else had this happen? Maybe a solution?

Maybe the pins can be unbent?

Try find a skilled watch maker type of guy with an eye glass magnifier, small tools and a steady hand?

Maybe the pins can be unbent?

Try find a skilled watch maker type of guy with an eye glass magnifier, small tools and a steady hand?

Yep: what he said. Happens to high-end DSLRs as well, and can be repaired (most of the time). Have a jeweller (or similar) look at it. 

Yep: what he said. Happens to high-end DSLRs as well, and can be repaired (most of the time). Have a jeweller (or similar) look at it.

I just had a look (albeit without a magnifying glass) at my 460 which should have the same usb connection..... it’s pretty small inside there, making it difficult to see anything and try fix. I don’t think there are pins as such, more likely little tabs. These are obviously very close to each other and if anyone tries to touch them you could potentially bridge or cause an electrical short if you touch 2 or more at the same.... this would not be good. Typically you should remove the power source ( battery) before sticking anything in the port, but I don’t think that’s an option in this case. Therefore use something non metallic, like a tooth pick.

Good luck, let us know what happens

what are you plugging into your high end DSLR?

Battery should come out for charging

If you are downloading you pics off the cam stop wasting your time and get a card reader

what are you plugging into your high end DSLR?

Battery should come out for charging

If you are downloading you pics off the cam stop wasting your time and get a card reader

Compact Flash cards.

Compact Flash cards.

are you saying you bending the pins in the slot on teh camera for your CF cards ?

Cant imagine that happening very easily as the guides to guide the CF card in are normally very precise.

I almost thought this was the case for me however some genius tried another M430 cable... There's me thinking I'm going to sell the M430 now that's it's 100% only for the wife to fit it on and claim it.... :-/

are you saying you bending the pins in the slot on teh camera for your CF cards ?

Cant imagine that happening very easily as the guides to guide the CF card in are normally very precise.

Yep, it happens. Mine are all fine, as I rarely change cards on the fly, but a number of pro shooters have been plagued by this issue. Hence the redesign of XQD and CFE cards.

My polar m400 is the 1st gen, originally with the rubber cover over the port, after a charging mishap they replaced it in 2017 i think, with the 2nd gen (open) charge/sync port. Last week it went on the blink again, and ihf sorted it for R185. 3 applause emojis

Edited by buckstopper