Last rides...what trail did you chose as your last ride

Mohs

So, on Thursday 26th/ tomorrow it will be your last ride for a couple of weeks, maybe longer....

What trail will you or did you chose as the last deathrow meal trail....

I am between Jonkers and Banhoek Concervancy....

I was the LAST rider in Tokai yesterday  :ph34r:

No not rogue.

And this afternoon I did Kirstenbosch / Newlands / Rhodes Mem

Was like a bloody highway and everybody was cycling with their heads down oblivious of other cyclists.

Wanted to tell one Staffie owner how much a new tyre would cost him and two tyres would be double trouble.

Road ride this morning and then a quick MTB ride at Thaba trails this afternoon catching some last minute sunshine...

Only person out meant I got to ride some of the single track in opposite direction short-cutting back to the carpark.

post-13500-0-55421900-1585248314_thumb.jpg

I rode with a friend (at a distance  :ph34r:) from the Durbanville suburbs to Meerendal via Malanshoogte and Contermanskloof. Lots of people getting in their last rides/runs today, but not as much as 2 days ago (wind and rain are icky :w00t:). Everyone I came across was much friendlier than normal. There was a strong feeling of kinship. Some ladies ran to the top of Dorstberg and drank G&Ts while sheltering from the wind behind the bench.

post-128151-0-72217700-1585258081_thumb.jpg

^Meerendal entrance at sunset

post-128151-0-46026500-1585258098_thumb.jpg

^Shuttered Dairy Shed. I had coffee there 6 days ago.

post-128151-0-19458800-1585258134_thumb.jpg

^Looking out from the top of Dorstberg

post-128151-0-14960800-1585258161_thumb.jpg

^Looking towards Malanshoogte from Fairview.

Edited by aquaratza

So in light of this last ride thread, i was thinking today where am i going to ride the first time we allowed back out the house?

Then i realized, how many trails will actually be open with no maintenance having been done over 21 days.

At this point I'd be happy to just go for a walk around the suburb haha - but I really don't think the trails would have decayed much in 21 days. They're not that manicured ????

Mike's Pass Giants Castle Game Reserve, met up with the organizers of the X-Burg Challenge after the ride for a beer.