Zwift: Tour de Lockdown

Harryn

Hi ladies and gents.

From tonight cycling outside is verboten, but not inside! So, lets have regular group rides on Zwift, we chat, ride and chill together, share stories,and give each other strength and comfort during this surreal, dystopian and terrifying time.

So, I will be organising meet ups, and everyone is welcome, whether beginner, weekend warrior, or cycling god. The idea idea is to ride together as a bunch, but I guess anyone who wants to ride away at be at 5w/kg is most welcome.

Anyway, follow me on Zwift, and I will invite you to my meet ups - just maybe also post your zwift name on here, or pm it to me, so I don’t miss anyone out.

My Zwift name: Harry Nochumsohn

The first ride is at 6pm tonight (joburg time) and we are riding 60 mins of the Watopia Out and Back route.

Note : I have it on very good authority (aka @V12man) that we should quite ride easy at this time, so as not to compromise the immune system. So the rides are just “coffee rides” - not opfok sessions. I will be going be going slow, but only cos i cant go fast. But each to his own.

If you do not have a smart trainer, you can use an ordinary dumb trainer with a speed sensor and an ant + dongle. Here’s how :

https://youtu.be/Eg0IDDmSStw

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll definitely pop in once-in-a-while for a ride, thanks.

(Forgot my Zwift user name, will get back to you on that... or just update it to match this one...)

Note : I have it on very good authority (aka @V12man) that we should quite ride easy at this time, so as not to compromise the immune system. So the rides are just “coffee rides” - not opfok sessions. I will be going be going slow, but only cos i cant go fast. But each to his own.

Suits me just fine. Just donated blood, so tonight I'm going slow whether I want to or not :D

Coffee ride se gat, as everyone knows 2 or more cyclists together is a race

Thanks boys that was lekker [emoji108]

Ya [emoji3]. I enjoyed it very much, we will set another soon!

Coffee ride se gat, as everyone knows 2 or more cyclists together is a race

Thanks boys that was lekker [emoji108]

Stront... you were riding in the front at the start!

Waiting for the invite for the next ride :)

Invitation coming for tomorrow morning at 10!

Isn't there a ring or fence function which keeps everyone in a group regardless of how much power they making?

Edit: Found it! https://zwiftinsider.com/keep-everyone-together/ - cool feature. Everyone rides their own pace together. Pretty sweet. You can even do intervals etc while being social(ly isolated).

Edited by Eldron

Isn't there a ring or fence function which keeps everyone in a group regardless of how much power they making?

nope, you can ride off in the distance if you want. like HdB did last night  :whistling:  I just tried to control the breakaway  :ph34r:

Z2  :ph34r:

Hi my name is R.ock'nRolla... I like social rides on the Zwift island during Lockdown, and shooting the breeze...my relative effort is plainly visible through the numerous typos while I zwift and type....

Looking forward to this

hey this sounds like fun. I would like to tag along for 1 or 2 of these
new to zwift so this could help
I added you Harry
Marius Combrink on Zwift

Edit: Found it! https://zwiftinsider.com/keep-everyone-together/ - cool feature. Everyone rides their own pace together. Pretty sweet. You can even do intervals etc while being social(ly isolated).

Harry pls investigate this for us.

Edit: or maybe not. will take the fun out of it if 2 guys do decide to go out harder and then get pulled back etc. you know. keep it fun

Edited by Jakkals.