Inside Movistar documentary series hits Netflix screens

aftershock

So, episode 1 done.

Thoughts:

- Valverde needs to just accept he's basically bald and crop what's left on his head..

- maybe I've misjudged Quintana, there might be more to him than I thought.

- Landa.. seriously..

Not my favourite team & I'm not big on reading subtitles but I'll definitely keep watching.

Not my favourite team & I'm not big on reading subtitles but I'll definitely keep watching.

Little easier to do when there isn't much else... LOL

So, episode 1 done.

Thoughts:

- Valverde needs to just accept he's basically bald and crop what's left on his head..

- maybe I've misjudged Quintana, there might be more to him than I thought.

- Landa.. seriously..

Had the same thoughts about Quintana and Landa after first episode. Will be interesting to see how much they reveal of what lead to Quintana leaving

Loved it as well.

Nice to see the passion behind the scenes .

Landa totally different to what imagined him to be.

Nairo, just not happy, Well you could see the difference in his results this year.

He might have won the Tour.

Landa has always been an egoist, he has legs for 4 days then NADA, he has left teams in the past because he only thinks about his self-interest... or he got no new contract, as he doesn't follow team instructions.

As a tour rider very good,no doubt, but I think his EGO gets in the way, same to say about Solar, Its difficult to listen/stop in a race when you have the chance to win a  stage in a grand tour....I mean contract signed for next year, Landa was clever, signed on his good performance after Giro...

Movistar also went into tours with 2/3 possible leaders,think that didn't help the situation ,variety of personality's that comes with alpha MALES. 

Then South Americans and Espanjolas dont really get along either if you dig very deep into their history hence one going to a french team and others to english / Italien/ saudi teams...

Getting into a spanish team is a foot in the door for them(language), then take it from their...

All movies behind the scene of pro sport is good to watch subtitles or not...I will watch it.

I thought Landa was ok - he’s competitive but he rode for the team too

I didn’t like Nairo until this documentary

I even dislike Valverde less

Tough sport that’s for sure - lots of lows

Carapaz was a little deceitful in his move across to Ineos it seems

Edited by Waynemol

Started watching last night...

Carapaz Giro win was klas. Landa not giving carapaz any credit in his post giro dinner speech!?

Also not my favorite team but this is emotional and exiting!

Completed the series.

At the end it left me with the following

1) Is Landa capable of ever winning a Grand Tour or will he always be fighting for podium positions

2) Movista only has one true leader in Valverde - the rest are primadonas (maybe not Nairo - got more respect for him now)

3) With Landa, Nairo and Carapaz gone, can Soler step up.....based on what I saw i think he lacks maturity.

4) I have more respect for Valverde now. 

5) Carapaz - lost a little respect for him. I like his Giro story but racing crits behind your teams back...not sure how i feel about that (whether he got injured or not), then jumping ship claiming he was always in someones shadow...what does he think is going to happen at Ineos with Egan, Froome and Thomas there. BUT i like it when an athlete is just honest and say its about the money - that i cant hold against him. Overall I do think Ineos is probably a better outfit and couldve just been the reason to jump ship.

6) Seeing a world tour team in such a mess during races is facinating - you think they got their things in order when it comes to tactics and leadership but not Movista. I saw the races and always noted that they dont have their things in order but watching it from behind the scenes, shoo, PR disaster.

overall nice way to spend my time, really enjoyed the series.

Now I would like to see Jumbo Visma, Quick-step, Bora and NTT