CWC Lockdown SALE!

CWC Online

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Each to his own i guess...

Sometimes I benefit with a good deal sometimes sale include items i don't need/want then i just ignore. No harm done to me. Rather this then no sale at all!

PS I have found a sweet deal or 5 over the last few "sales". I know the exact price of items before i buy. I dont ever look at the RRP!

100 percent - everyone does the same as CWC regarding X% below RRSP but I have found some great deals from them this year and 2 particularly good ones this week when I specified what I was after.

I know what I'm looking for and I know the going price - if they have it for a genuine deal I buy it.  The other stuff I ignore

Hi CWC.

How about some much needed tools to fiddle with (or destroy) our  bikes. You can only polish a bike that hasn't seen the road in days so much!

I need the PRO TORQUE TOOL/WRENCH that is for sale at R1,799.99 (1% discount) 

Hope you can do a proper discount (I need to save money to buy whine after the lock-down ends!!!)

Thanks 

Lots of moaning about RRP etc etc and sales not really being sales..... it’s marketing guys, and it’s how it works. What ever happened to the buyer beware concept......

If you aren’t willing to do your homework and know your pricing, then you are exactly the kind of person the marketing managers at XYZ company are targeting all their efforts at. Know your pricing. and if it’s a good deal on the sale and you need/want the item buy it. If not, buy it elsewhere.

That said, I have enough disdain for the local cycling industry, and their collusion and pricefixing and exclusive distribution channels and all that nonsense.

I gladly wait a little longer (or more often than not, don’t) and order my things from overseas, and even with the shocking exchange rate, and paying express courrier fees, and import taxes and and and, spend less than local distributors can do. So as far as I am concerned, they can shove their warranty issues and what not, I will carry hex risk and import direct.

I feel sorry for the Good guys running bike shops that are stuck with having to use the local distributors who just want to price gauge and shaft everyone in the process

I agree, its their business and they have a right to charge what they want. What upsets me is the promise of a awesome sale, or whatever wording is used then i set aside time to browse the sale or constantly check what has been uploaded but its the same stuff with almost the same prices for as long as i can remember. The store can just say they having a sale.

100 percent - everyone does the same as CWC regarding X% below RRSP but I have found some great deals from them this year and 2 particularly good ones this week when I specified what I was after.

I know what I'm looking for and I know the going price - if they have it for a genuine deal I buy it.  The other stuff I ignore

CWC .... I have a love-hate relationship with them ....

When I bought my Thule 3-bike carrier I did my homework .... exact same "recommended price" throughout the industry .... I needed it, and decided to drive up the road from Thule in Willowbridge, and to support CWC.  I paid the exact same price, but thats fine, as they stock many small items that I dont want to import or drive around for weeks to find ....

The very next morning they had that exact same Thule rack on sale with a R3k discount !!  I know the game, and it is just the way the chips fall .... did not stop me from chirping them two days later when I bought some more stuff ..... The salesman's reply left me cold and bitter !!

NOTE - they HAVE since changed their policy on this type of situation ....

I learnt my lesson.  I still but from CWC ... but I now do my homework a LOT better.... which also means the majority of my sales are now spread out at various other stores.

YES - it is "just marketing" to "play around" with the RRP and the so called percentage saving.  But then again, it is also a new era of social media where such tactics ARE pointed out.

now in all fairness, they HAVE also given me good service over the years.  Including a damn good price on a Kikr Core last year.   :thumbup:

so yes, a love-hate relationship ...  :whistling:

If you have A "sale" 24/7 it's not A SALE it just means you're selling products like any other retailer that maybe has A sale once or twice a year to clear stock at very good prices which is where consumers can take advantage 

disregard the BS RRp's 

having a "sale" EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR isn't A sale you're just selling stuff

If you have A "sale" 24/7 it's not A SALE it just means you're selling products like any other retailer that maybe has A sale once or twice a year to clear stock at very good prices which is where consumers can take advantage 

disregard the BS RRp's 

having a "sale" EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR isn't A sale you're just selling stuff

but with SO many on-line sites ,,, how better to remind people to log on "here" ....

the odd discount just adds to the publicity hype to further get more logg-ins .... 

in real shops "feet" is a function of sales .... no different in the on-line game .... you gotta do what you gotta do to get people to buy into your weekly emails, and to log in as often as possible .... if the site slows down, send out the message of a potential discount ....

it is marketing 101 .....

DISCLAIMER - this post holds equally true for ALL on-line sites !

I took the bait from another on-line retailer yesterday .... logged in to look at one item, then the next and next .... came damn near buying an item that "would be nice to have", but which I certainly dont need.  Which is why they do it ... and why I try to avoid nibbling at the bait ....

I need a XD freehub for a DT swiss 240 hub but can't find it on the website. Is that out of stock?