The corona chronicles - uplifting or funny

Wayne pudding Mol

The idea is an escape from the serious reality

Good jokes, self deprecation etc - I’ll start

For the last year my most ridden bike is my weight weenie Open build used for gravel. But the creaking drives me nuts and I probably strip the drivetrain once a month chasing the creaks

I was so obsessed with getting the weight down that I bought the lightest eggbeaters which in turn necessitated shoes just for that bike

Eventually I just learned to live with the noises

Enter corona - pulled out my old giant mag trainer and put the eggbeaters on Lance (my old trek) and put the Movistar documentary on Netflix. Lo and behold the creak appeared

So I’ve been chasing a creak on my bike for a year that is a combo of my shoes and cleats

So in one day I’ve sanded through a carbon fork and realised I’ve disassembled my bike 30 times or so for no reason

The idea is an escape from the serious reality

Good jokes, self deprecation etc - I’ll start

For the last year my most ridden bike is my weight weenie Open build used for gravel. But the creaking drives me nuts and I probably strip the drivetrain once a month chasing the creaks

I was so obsessed with getting the weight down that I bought the lightest eggbeaters which in turn necessitated shoes just for that bike

Eventually I just learned to live with the noises

Enter corona - pulled out my old giant mag trainer and put the eggbeaters on Lance (my old trek) and put the Movistar documentary on Netflix. Lo and behold the creak appeared

So I’ve been chasing a creak on my bike for a year that is a combo of my shoes and cleats

So in one day I’ve sanded through a carbon fork and realised I’ve disassembled my bike 30 times or so for no reason

Hahaha! I also tend to overthink things which often have a simpler solution. Glad you got it sorted. I have a budgie in my cranks some place but I don’t have the tools with me to sort it out now...