Which software for IDT?

Henley 1

My needs? One virtual course that I can ride over and over (e.g. the Figure 8 on Watopia Island of Zwift – of which I stopped membership some time back because of the high cost) I need no fance latest hotshot IT gimmicks, neither racing in groups, all over the world …) cheap and simple. My choices for free trials on my newly purchases Wahoo are: Sufferfest, Zwift, Strava Summit, Trainer Road, Fulgaz, Rouvy

Listening thanx  

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RGT is free for the foreseeable future. And Rouvy seems to have extended its 14 day trial to a 30 day trail. Those should keep you occupied for the next little while.

My needs? One virtual course that I can ride over and over (e.g. the Figure 8 on Watopia Island of Zwift – of which I stopped membership some time back because of the high cost) I need no fance latest hotshot IT gimmicks, neither racing in groups, all over the world …) cheap and simple. My choices for free trials on my newly purchases Wahoo are: Sufferfest, Zwift, Strava Summit, Trainer Road, Fulgaz, Rouvy

Listening thanx  

Go have a read here and then thank Shaper for posting the link to Dc Rainmakers IDT guide

https://www.dcrainma...FOknmQwrvTJz8GY

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/185204-corona-lockdown-group-rides-virtual/

Sufferfest has 45 day trail now during lockdown

To make sure everyone can benefit from these plans, we're offering new users a free month in addition to the standard 14-day trial, so you can get oriented in the app and complete a 4-week plan for free. Just use promo code ALLINSUFPLAN when you create your subscription.

Try them all as each has a free trial period, decide which one suits your needs

DC's recent post on all the current software and apps will give you all the insight

Golden Cheetah is free, build your own workouts, put some YouTube or Netflix on in the background. Done

Sufferfest doesn't support older cycleops trainers, such a bummer as it's a great app.

Not able to use virtual power? Otherwise just use RPE.  

i found that zwift does not very email accounts. If if you dont need points and achevemtns kept jusy make up a new email every week and set the ftp to where you last were

I have a dumb trainer, with my PM being crank-based. As most virtual training apps/sites don't allow for my setup I never bothered much with the virtual world, and still don't. However, as Rouvy offers me a 14-day trial I'm happy to continue using their app, as it also allows me to use my current setup. 

I have found that riding a route I know, helps to get over the long time in the saddle. I find watching a TV show takes my mind off riding, and it's only good for the long ride, aka don't care about the structured training. 

Great forum this! as always there are answers to dumb question. thanx guys!

Stoooopid me again!

I used Zwift for 2 years and stopped it n August 2019. Now took up their 30 day free bee for Wahoo users. All set to go? NO!

I now want to ride but can’t get it going, forgot how to start. I still have Zwift Companion on the cell phone. I can remember I opened it on the PC and then opened Zwift Companion on the cell phone and made sure the Wahoo was on and ANT stick in pc and then all was OK. Now that wont wont anymore. Detailed advice to this old toppie please!

Stoooopid me again!

I used Zwift for 2 years and stopped it n August 2019. Now took up their 30 day free bee for Wahoo users. All set to go? NO!

I now want to ride but can’t get it going, forgot how to start. I still have Zwift Companion on the cell phone. I can remember I opened it on the PC and then opened Zwift Companion on the cell phone and made sure the Wahoo was on and ANT stick in pc and then all was OK. Now that wont wont anymore. Detailed advice to this old toppie please!

You don’t need companion to ride. Start Zwift app and confirm you are the user. It then goes to a screen where you link with your trainer, HRM, speed / cadence sensor etc. then click on let go. Next screen you choose the workout or free ride or whatever you want to do and start peddling

i found that zwift does not very email accounts. If if you dont need points and achevemtns kept jusy make up a new email every week and set the ftp to where you last were

they have a distance limit of 35km - with the current lock down you will probably need at least 1 new email address per day of use