Rouvy Online ride / race

SwissVan

Do we run in erg mode on the smart trainer or what? My gears on my idt bike is about non operational , will have to put my "real" bike on if need be..

I could well be wrong here but....

As far as I know erg mode is for workouts only. You match the power required and the trainer takes care of the rest.

If you are doing a ride/route/race then you don't do erg mode cos you are fake riding an actual route with gradient changes. You aren't trying to match your power to the requirements of the workout. Does this make sense?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could well be wrong here but....

As far as I know erg mode is for workouts only. You match the power required and the trainer takes care of the rest.

If you are doing a ride/route/race then you don't do erg mode cos you are fake riding an actual route with gradient changes. You aren't trying to match your power to the requirements of the workout. Does this make sense?

Thanks, i just want to make sure which bike to put on the spinner.... but will put my "real" bike on to make double sure i can take part........

Aw man!

I just did 4 hours on Rouvy yesterday.. still recovering.

Lets do another race next week Tuesday as well?

As I am one of the working class, I’m only able to ride in the evenings, and weekends.

I found Suikerbosrand Nature Reserve (full lap). I’m thinking of riding it on Saturday - if anyone is interested, let me know. As I said... ride it (all trainers welcome).

As I am one of the working class, I’m only able to ride in the evenings, and weekends.

I found Suikerbosrand Nature Reserve (full lap). I’m thinking of riding it on Saturday - if anyone is interested, let me know. As I said... ride it (all trainers welcome).

I might die and not from the virus, set it up ans see who will join, send an invite. User name Dexter- morgan

Depending how tomorrow afternoon's first 'race' goes for me I might join you ... Not sure all the tech and stuff I have going here will work and for that long but we'll see

06:15 start as we're in for at least a 2.5 hour plus ride.

A tip for those doing a Rouvy race for the first time... Dont leave it to the last minute to join the race.

Login to rouvy and get your IDT set working well before the race start.

You can do another ride or free ride to warm up.

If you do another ride on Rouvy to warm up, you have to stop and end that activity before joining the race, join the race a few minutes before the start, you can continue to pedal / warm up in this mode. A countdown clock will start during the final seconds before the start.

I am experiencing login issues with rouvy and cannot load any races. I hope everyone will be able to join

I’m in and no problems.... logged in looooong ago

I also read somewhere the other day that Africa’s undersea internet cable was damaged for the second time... so maybe there is a choke point there as well