Rouvy Online ride / race

SwissVan

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was tough but fun  :thumbup:

Unfortunately my Kickr dropped connection just before the start so I had to restart my laptop. By the time I got back in you guys were already more than 2km up the road. 

well done Neville(Did you use a smart trainer?), Thanks, that was quite tough. my average power was 215 for the duration.

Thanks, although I’m a bit puzzled as I certainly don’t think I should have been that far ahead of everyone.

I used a dumb trainer and I have logged my correct weight etc. Not sure what else I could have set incorrectly that would distort my performance.

I’m fact, I slowed down on purpose after the halfway mark as I felt a bit guilty!

Anything that I should check?

My trainer got so difficult to pedal half way up the hill I couldn’t pedal it anymore..... even standing on one pedal with all my weight it wouldn’t turn

Edited by Clinton H

My trainer got so difficult to pedal half way up the hill I couldn’t pedal it anymore..... even standing on one pedal with all my weight it wouldn’t turn

Smart trainer?

turn the severity down to 90% and it will slip a bit to allow you to turn the legs over the top

Thanks, although I’m a bit puzzled as I certainly don’t think I should have been that far ahead of everyone.

I used a dumb trainer and I have logged my correct weight etc. Not sure what else I could have set incorrectly that would distort my performance.

I’m fact, I slowed down on purpose after the halfway mark as I felt a bit guilty!

Anything that I should check?

check your wheel diameter. It my be too hig i.e to big a circumference or your speed or cadence sensor is wonky

check your wheel diameter. It my be too hig i.e to big a circumference or your speed or cadence sensor is wonky

My wheel circumference is set to 2105mm - standard for a road bike. Not sure how my sensors can be out, as they are accurate on a normal bike ride.

My wheel circumference is set to 2105mm - standard for a road bike. Not sure how my sensors can be out, as they are accurate on a normal bike ride.

well then you're a Machine!! :)

Essentially your wheels are turning faster than they would on the road for the same power from your legs. So either;

- the resistance is too low

- the speed measurement is not accurate

- the cadence measurement is not accurate.

- you are stronger than you think/ let on

just a thought, how are you connecting your sensors to Rouvy? Ant+ or Bluetooth? and what sensors are they?

Just trying to help you get to the bottom of any real issue

Edited by DieselnDust