Rouvy Online ride / race

SwissVan

just a thought, how are you connecting your sensors to Rouvy? Ant+ or Bluetooth? and what sensors are they?

Just trying to help you get to the bottom of any real issue

I set the trainer to the midpoint resistance level. Next time I will set it to the highest level.

I am running Rouvy on my iPad and my Garmin ANT+ sensors are connected via the CABLE device, which converts ANT+ to Bluetooth.

552d737b2ecd9f1a1c26a4be304a2191.jpg

Edited by Neville Bailey

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well done Neville(Did you use a smart trainer?), Thanks, that was quite tough. my average power was 215 for the duration.

Mine was 219, we seemed to pretty well matched throughout the race

Having ridden the race once already i knew i had to save a bit for those last 2 km

Mine was 219, we seemed to pretty well matched throughout the race

Having ridden the race once already i knew i had to save a bit for those last 2 km

You could have warned me, I thought we were mates after that time we met briefly walking up a moerse climb in 2011? Maar nee ....

Thanks, although I’m a bit puzzled as I certainly don’t think I should have been that far ahead of everyone.

I used a dumb trainer and I have logged my correct weight etc. Not sure what else I could have set incorrectly that would distort my performance.

I’m fact, I slowed down on purpose after the halfway mark as I felt a bit guilty!

Anything that I should check?

Sorry I'm not sure how to check this.

I know on Rouvy its recommended to do a calibration check often, on the power beam this is a roll down test from a predetermined speed until the wheel stops, not sure how you do this on other trainers.

https://support.rouvy.com/s/article/How-do-I-Calibrate-the-Trainer?language=en_US

What was your max and avg heart rate for the race and how does that compare to your Max HR you can maintain for 10 - 20 minutes?

For example my max was 165 and avg 151 which is consistent for my current fitness levels

post-182-0-34263600-1585671779.jpg

You could have warned me, I thought we were mates after that time we met briefly walking up a moerse climb in 2011? Maar nee ....

Sorri… next time you can choose the race course  :thumbup:

What was your max and avg heart rate for the race and how does that compare to your Max HR you can maintain for 10 - 20 minutes?

For example my max was 165 and avg 151 which is consistent for my current fitness levels

My average and max heart rate seemed quite a bit lower than it would be at the same speed in the real world. My average was 121 and I normally average at about 135. My max was 139 and I normally max at about 165 in the real world.

I suspect my resistance setting is too low on the trainer even though I followed the recommendations on the trainer manual.

My trainer got so difficult to pedal half way up the hill I couldn’t pedal it anymore..... even standing on one pedal with all my weight it wouldn’t turn

See if you can calibrate you trainer. Helps

My average and max heart rate seemed quite a bit lower than it would be at the same speed in the real world. My average was 121 and I normally average at about 135. My max was 139 and I normally max at about 165 in the real world.

I suspect my resistance setting is too low on the trainer even though I followed the recommendations on the trainer manual.

What was your equipment? Powermeter? Might explain it.

I'm not sure how the resistance works and affects performance from the dumb trainer aspect.

All i know is my smart trainer does it all and I don't need to adjust anything other than the calibration thing. 

Maybe try contact the Rouvy customer support

https://support.rouvy.com/s/contactsupport?language=en_US

Smart trainer?

turn the severity down to 90% and it will slip a bit to allow you to turn the legs over the top

Why would the race not show up on the training calender but the warm up and cool down does?

Seems I had to wait. Popped up later.

Pitty i missed this race, sounds like you okes had some "fun" ....i battled on my own doing what the coach ordered after legs day yesterday, and i can relate to some comments on here....mine how ever was for 90 mins....i cannot touch any part of my legs, and to sit down or to stand up is one moerse EFFORT....