Rouvy Online ride / race

SwissVan

Has anyone had trouble getting RouvyAR to pair with the sensors in BT Smart via the laptop?. Sees my trainer but won't pair

What brand of trainer as you using?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the old rouvy app open and tried to connect the trainer in the Rouvy AR app and it wouldn't connect at all, as soon as I closed the old app the new one connected. So just check the trainer is not connected to other things still.

Advice please

We did the C2T ride this weekend. Loaded the course. Created the race. And a few people joined. Not everyone had smart trainers so some joined 'virtually' and we managed to somehow ride 'together'.

Planning the 36one next. What would be the best way to do this 'together'?

- Create a race and see each others progress

- Create a route and ride it as a training ride then we dont see each other on the course

What id we decide to do it in 2 stages of 180 km over two days, will Rouvy allow us to pause the ride halfway and continue the next day?

Any advise will be cool

Remember that Bluetooth has a one-to-one relationship compared to Ant+ that transmits, and anything receiving the signal will pair.

So if your trainer is connected to another device, or app, by BLE it will not work.

For more info on BLE, watch GPLama's video explaining it - here he explains the concept of the CABLE device:

There is a 26km race up the Alps at 10:34 am. Planning to race this challenge route at the same time, if anyone else is keen. Did the 40km two days ago and that was a real killer! Prepare to be riding out the saddle...a lot.

Yip. My TICKR X refuses to connect, but connects fine to my Garmin watch. 

have you found a fix yet?

Rouvy support is severely lacking in interest to resolve  the problem

Edited by DieselnDust

What brand of trainer as you using?

TACX Neo Smart

The Bluetooth light just flashes on and off at variable rate as if the App and NEO are trying to get married but Cele keeps interupting

I had the old rouvy app open and tried to connect the trainer in the Rouvy AR app and it wouldn't connect at all, as soon as I closed the old app the new one connected. So just check the trainer is not connected to other things still.

I 've shut down as many things as possible. I'm just wondering if its not the NEO being paired with the Laptop that's creating the problem. But that appears to be a necessary connection for windows 10 to see the trainer

Yip. My TICKR X refuses to connect, but connects fine to my Garmin watch. 

Edit: it works now. Seems giving the strap a good hand rinse did the trick. 

have you found a fix yet?

Rouvy support is severely lacking in interest to resolve  the problem

Yeah, I just hand washed the strap with some detergent. 

• 1 year later...
On 6/3/2021 at 10:59 AM, SwissVan said:

Anyone looking at doing the Tour de Suisse on rouvy?

RACES | ROUVY

I should probably dust of my subscription - I see the Knysna Oyster Festival will use Rouvy this year for the virtual ride.

55 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Only if it snows in Alberhoughton for days ????

???? Winter ❄️ is coming

So I did Stage 1 on Sunday evening, which was fine as it was just the flat 10.8km TT.
Stage 2 last night, Nufenenpass, did not go so well. The first 20km is ok. Then the real climbing  begins, and that 13km took me a further 1h23m!

I'm going to be checking the next stages much more carefully before I decide on doing them...

On 6/3/2021 at 10:59 AM, SwissVan said:

Anyone looking at doing the Tour de Suisse on rouvy?

RACES | ROUVY