8D music

Frosty

Its horrible. All they do is add ridiculous amounts of reverb and some panning to create an illusion of the sound moving. Its not at all how it was originally recorded and how the artist intended it to sound.

Agreed. 

For the music-production-ally illiterate, what is 8D?

To me, it sounds like I'm listening to a recording of a spinning speaker.

Snap.  Makes me sea sick....

Yeah nah...

More evidence that putting a bigger number in front of something doesn't make it any better (if not worse).

Exactly, like 29...

A lot like the whatsapp sound clip that was doing the rounds. Frosty shared it somewhere else.

this one? It’s post 3 on this thread.

In my short time our from under my rock, I've found quite a few but they seem to mostly go around it circles.

As a novelty it's quite cool, but I can see it wearing off.

I got one on Whatsapp that kicked off the interest, and it seems to hop from one side rather just rotate around like I've had too much to drink.

Eventually found it:

https://youtu.be/O5ooPGEiXkg

Edited by Frosty

I am not a huge fan, although I will admit that my Skull Candy's made Metallica rather thump. I did enjoy that for a change of music.

But ja, it's a fad that's not likely to be around for long, like fat bikes and 27.5 'ers

• 4 months later...

I have posted this in more than one chat, but perhaps this deserves it’s own thread:

Listen to this with your in-ear headphones on. You’ll understand why when you’ve listened. Or have I just been living under a rock?

Kicking the thread off is, Metallica (Nothing Else Matters).

great video can i download it?

tonos de llamada

Edited by bellaalice.es@gmail.com

• 4 weeks later...

This just feels like I'm listening to A song playing on A speaker that's swinging around me 

quality wise it doesn't come across much different than what's been doing the rounds over the last few years 

Haven't bothered, sure it'll suck. 

If you play it on a stereo setup, you're just messing up the original mastering of the record, by as you say creating a swinging effect. if it's played over a multi-channel setup, well that just introduces more issues with setup/time delays/comb filtering.

Call me old school - stereo is still the best.

• 9 months later...