Titan Racing Launch All-New Drone Hardtail

News bot

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the SLX drivetrain is fine, but the fork?

My only problem with the Comp, is the Fork. I just don't know them.

Can I trade in my 2019 Drone Elite for the 2020 version?

The only question you should ask is, when can I trade my 2019 for a new model?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi all. So who has owned one of these Drone HT's for a while now? I am looking to get a new lightweight HT in early 2021 for between 20 and 30k.

I'm looking at the Drone Pro, the Specialized Chisel Comp and the Giant XTC SLR.

I love the frame of the Chisel Comp, but the fork (Judy Gold) seems a bit low end, and the wheelset is non-descript.

The XTC SLR looks good, but I dont think the frame is quite as light, or compliant, as the Chisel.

This Drone Pro/Elite comes with great comps! XT, Rockshox SID... what! those comps alone push you close to R20000, nevermind a frame etc.

I do quite a lot of trail riding (blue and red trails mainly), but I also want a light, aggressive HT that can climb well, and can absorb bumps and chatter a bit better than my alloy GT Zaskar. 

Does this Titan Drone frame absorb bumps and trail chatter, or is a very hard ride that will fatigue a rider after a few hours in the saddle?

Looking forward to your opinions! (if only one can properly demo bikes in this country).