45k mtb?

Naz

Hi, I'm currently riding a Trek HT and want to get myself a DS in a couple of months. The guys at the bike shops wont give you a bike to test offroad so how do I decide which brand to go for. I normally ride XC/Trail and I want something that's close to a HT and not a bulky heavy thing. Which bikes are good for around 45k. Thanx

I am biased towards Scott but checkout Bikeaddict, he has specials on Titan Cypher, best bang for your buck at that price. - full Carbon, including carbon wheels.

Edited by Dexter-morgan

Hi, I'm currently riding a Trek HT and want to get myself a DS in a couple of months. The guys at the bike shops wont give you a bike to test offroad so how do I decide which brand to go for. I normally ride XC/Trail and I want something that's close to a HT and not a bulky heavy thing. Which bikes are good for around 45k. Thanx

if you can wait 2/3 months, there's a good chance that there is going to be some serious bargains going both 2nd hand and at shops looking for cashflow.

I have seen and picked up the carbon Titan pro, it felt heavy given my bike at the time was about 10kg but that Titan still felt heavy. I would look at Scott Spark RC older model or even have a look on used market some seriously nice bikes in that price range.

Have a look at Revolution Cycles, they have some great deals at the moment. The camber sounds like the kind of bike you looking at and they have these with some serious discount.

I don't think they sell online though? So will need to wait till the lockdown is over.

They are online and available via email. You can EFT them and then pick up the bike after lockdown. I managed to pick mine up the afternoon of the 26th after paying for it the previous day.

They are online and available via email. You can EFT them and then pick up the bike after lockdown. I managed to pick mine up the afternoon of the 26th after paying for it the previous day.

Oh great thanks. Which store did you deal with?

Oh great thanks. Which store did you deal with?

I ordered a new lid from specialized Tygerburg today , quick and easy

info.tygerberg@specialized.com

Edited by Twaatie

Hi Naz

If you are after a do it all type of bike you need to consider a 120 mm travel trail bike with modern progressive geometry. You might not get 1 of these if you purchase a second hand bike older than say 3 years.

This type of bike will cover XC, marathons and you will ride trails with more confidence. It will also be a bit lighter than a full on trail bike with with longer travel and beafier frame.

I agree that the Cypher Carbon Pro is super value, personally i will not consider the 100m travel RS model as my 50 year old frame will not enjoy the agressive race geometry.

Do yourself a favour and study the new long, slack and low geometry (66.5 to 67.5 degree head tube angle, short chain stays, long reach and steep seat tube angle at 74 to 75 degrees)

I believe that SA based PYGA bikes pioneered the above geometry which is now followed by the large bike companies around the world

, well done!

(If only i could afford a Stage Max, are you listening Patrick?)

Edited by Lang Frans

I don't think they sell online though? So will need to wait till the lockdown is over.

The current online sales are "not real" .... they cant deliver until after the lock down.

Basically online purchases at this point is just "reserving" an item at a fixed price ....

ALL shops is going to have to boost turn over ... expect some real sales after the lock down !!

Then again ... this is the classic "Dutch auction" ... the price start high, and either you buy the flowers at the high price, OR you wait for a lower price to buy, the cycle repeats and some got good bargains ... others were left with no stock ... and had to come back for the new stock at a later date and pay more ...

Current cycling stock will go for good prices ... but there wont be so many willing to buy luxury items in the next few weeks ... also no events in months, so no need for the normal turnover of products ... let the Dutch auction start ....

Going to be interesting to see pricing of new stock ... 

Edited by ChrisF

as per the above i ventured onto the specialized site

i am only looking for bike for the odd weekend jaunt with my daughter nothing too hectic i assure you

are the ones +/- 10k and below on the site worth it or should i look at momsen, scott or such