9Spd Shimano Sora

Pretoriusfp

Hi there, i have a 9spd Shimano Sora set up, but would like to upgrade my wheels. What wheelset (hopefully carbon) would you guys recommend that would fit the current set up?

Hi there, i have a 9spd Shimano Sora set up, but would like to upgrade my wheels. What wheelset (hopefully carbon) would you guys recommend that would fit the current set up?

Any set in classifieds with a shimano freebody.

You will need a spacer to fit your 9 speed cassette if it is a 10/11 spd shimano freehub, but it will definitely work.

You can use a 10 or 11 speed wheel with the 9 speed cassette.  If you get an 11 speed hub you need a 1.8 mm spacer to fit the cassette.  If you want carbon wheels I would suggest that you discuss what you want to do with a wheel builder and get them made up for you.  It should not cost you more but you can avoid some unnecessary school fees.  A well built set should last you for many years.

You can use a 10 or 11 speed wheel with the 9 speed cassette. If you get an 11 speed hub you need a 1.8 mm spacer to fit the cassette. If you want carbon wheels I would suggest that you discuss what you want to do with a wheel builder and get them made up for you. It should not cost you more but you can avoid some unnecessary school fees. A well built set should last you for many years.

What he said is a very good option.

Sure it's easier just buying any carbon set from a dealer, but if you do enough research and especially on pros and cons on certain parts (different rims, hubs) you can build up the perfect wheelset for your personal needs.