2020 Fuji Outland 29 1.1 vs 2020 Silverback Stratos AL5 29

Jo Han Solo

Hi all,

I'm torn between these two dual suspension bikes 2020 Fuji Outland 29 1.1 and 2020 Silverback Stratos AL5 29, can get both for around R20k with tubeless conversion. 

Which one would you go for? The only difference I could see is the rear shock configuration, in-line/horizontal X Fusion O2 RL Rear Shock on the Silverback and vertical RockShox Deluxe Select+ RL on the Fuji.

http://www.fujibikes.com/usa/bikes/mountain/trail/outland/outland-29-1-1

https://silverbacklab.com/bike-model/mountainbikes/stratos-al-5/

Would like to hear your opinions?

Thanks

Edited by smitjj

I would go for the Stratos, as I ride one.  Great bike.  My fork is upgraded to a Reba.  

PS. Mine is for sale, as I enjoy a hard tail more than I dual susp. :ph34r: 

Fuji is a good brand but they've had numerous distributors over the years and I'm not sure how stable their presence in SA is or how big their dealer presence is.

For that reason, I would choose Silverback

I would go for the Stratos, as I ride one.  Great bike.  My fork is upgraded to a Reba.  

PS. Mine is for sale, as I enjoy a hard tail more than I dual susp. :ph34r: 

Dropped you a PM.

Fuji is a good brand but they've had numerous distributors over the years and I'm not sure how stable their presence in SA is or how big their dealer presence is.

For that reason, I would choose Silverback

Cycle lab are the agents now.

Cycle lab are the agents now.

The Fuji just seems to have a better rear shock and is also about 1kg lighter than the Silverback, is the fact the Cycle Lab is the agents a good enough reason not to go for Silverback?

Additionally, there is no Cycle Lab in the Western Cape. Will any bike shop be able to service the bike and obtain parts if needed from them?

Additionally, there is no Cycle Lab in the Western Cape. Will any bike shop be able to service the bike and obtain parts if needed from them?

Chris Willimse cycles are owned by cycle lab.