Kickr cassette question

eddy

I notice that the Kickr trainers come with a Shimano compatible freehub.

What do I do if I want to use a Campag 10 Spd equipped bike ?

Run a 10 105 cassette, live with sh!tty shifting or will I be able to get a Campag freehub ?

I notice that the Kickr trainers come with a Shimano compatible freehub.

What do I do if I want to use a Campag 10 Spd equipped bike ?

Run a 10 105 cassette, live with sh!tty shifting or will I be able to get a Campag freehub ?

You ride campy, get the freehub and enjoy endless smiles per km.  

or buy something shimano for the trainer. you could get a training bike for the price of the freehub.

Shimano 105/ sunrace equivalent works 100%.

I’m running 11spd 105 on the sun race which is 100%.

My dad is running campag 11spd on the same sun race and there is NO issue at all, works 100%

Try their 10spd cassette I think sportsman’s sell them

Shimano 105/ sunrace equivalent works 100%.

I’m running 11spd 105 on the sun race which is 100%.

My dad is running campag 11spd on the same sun race and there is NO issue at all, works 100%

Try their 10spd cassette I think sportsman’s sell them

The 11 speed Shimano cassettes work okay with campy - not as good on the 10 speed

Something to do with the closer ratios but imma total ludite when it comes to these things

Edited by Waynemol

The 11 speed Shimano cassettes work okay with campy - not as good on the 10 speed

Something to do with the closer ratios but imma total ludite when it comes to these things

This is how I understood it as well. 11 is good, 10 not so much, hence the question.

I suppose if all else fails I can put an old MTB on.

Hello good people,

Somewhat related question, just bought a WAHOO Kickr Core, came with a Shimano 11-28 cassette. Got a 11-28 road bike but prefer riding my 29" 11-50 MTB.

Can I fit my MTB on the Shimano cassette with slicks or do I have to insert a MTB specific cassette? 

Also, will I have any issues with the IDT height since I hear the core is not adjustable as the 4.0? 

Thanks very much

Hello good people,

Somewhat related question, just bought a WAHOO Kickr Core, came with a Shimano 11-28 cassette. Got a 11-28 road bike but prefer riding my 29" 11-50 MTB.

Can I fit my MTB on the Shimano cassette with slicks or do I have to insert a MTB specific cassette? 

Also, will I have any issues with the IDT height since I hear the core is not adjustable as the 4.0? 

Thanks very much

I have my 9spd shimano MTB cassette on my Kickr.  I just added the provided spacer at the back.

I also used my dremel to grind down two rivets on the back of the casette that were pushing against the spacer causing a slight wobble.

Ill add a picture soon :).

Hello good people,

Thanks very much

Hi, been looking at possibly getting a core post lock down, just one question why would you need to change to slicks? Surely you take the rear wheel off or is it an issue with the front wheel?

Dont' waste your money on the Kickr Campy freehub, it only works on the high end campy cassettes where the bigger gears are riveted on a collar - If your cassette has all the sprockets loose with spacers then the 3 or 4 larger sprockets won't slide on the splines the smaller sprockets only use 4 splines (I think) so they slide on no problem.

Kickr tried to make a dual freehub for both Shitmano and Campy, if they had done a bit of research they would have found out this is impossible or nearly impossible to accommodate all Campy cassettes. It only accommodates RECORD & CHORUS.

Just use a 10SPD Shitmano cassette and live with the slight noise it makes.

I hacked my Shitmano cassette by removing the rivets and separating the gears, I threw out the spacers and replaced with Campy spacers ....sorted.

Edited by madmarc

Hi, been looking at possibly getting a core post lock down, just one question why would you need to change to slicks? Surely you take the rear wheel off or is it an issue with the front wheel?

Yo, never mind the slick I made a mistake there, was initially looking at the Kickr snap before deciding on the core.

Dont' waste your money on the Kickr Campy freehub, it only works on the high end campy cassettes where the bigger gears are riveted on a collar - If your cassette has all the sprockets loose with spacers then the 3 or 4 larger sprockets won't slide on the splines the smaller sprockets only use 4 splines (I think) so they slide on no problem.

Kickr tried to make a dual freehub for both Shitmano and Campy, if they had done a bit of research they would have found out this is impossible or nearly impossible to accommodate all Campy cassettes. It only accommodates RECORD & CHORUS.

Just use a 10SPD Shitmano cassette and live with the slight noise it makes.

I hacked my Shitmano cassette by removing the rivets and separating the gears, I threw out the spacers and replaced with Campy spacers ....sorted.

Good info - will find a 2nd hand chorus cassette