Stolen: Scott Spark 970 2019 (Worcester)

christovdw

• 1 year later...

Read the forum post a week or so ago about this bike…it was in possession of one of these bike traders wasn't it? Share some juicy details will you? Or was that a different one?  Sure looks like the same one. Kom nou man! Vertel!

Edited by MORNE

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

Read the forum post a week or so ago about this bike…it was in possession of one of these bike traders wasn't it? Share some juicy details will you? Or was that a different one?  Sure looks like the same one. Kom nou man! Vertel!

What forum post on the hub?

These bike traders are real opportunistic bunch

2 hours ago, christovdw said:

Bike has been recovered. 15 Months later ????

Awesome news buddy

On 7/23/2021 at 8:26 PM, MajG said:

What forum post on the hub?

These bike traders are real opportunistic bunch

Post was removed by admin (after discussion) to not alert potential scammers).

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the interest.

Some feedback. I’m not going to go into too much detail. There are some red faces around town after all of this. The parties involved had - in my honest opinion - no knowledge of the fact that the bike was stolen. If anything, it was a naïve buy from a first time buyer initially.  

The parties involved were however very gracious in handling the situation and made all efforts to return the bike in good order.

Some good lessons learnt all round.

Cheers,

Christo

11 hours ago, christovdw said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the interest.

Some feedback. I’m not going to go into too much detail. There are some red faces around town after all of this. The parties involved had - in my honest opinion - no knowledge of the fact that the bike was stolen. If anything, it was a naïve buy from a first time buyer initially.  

The parties involved were however very gracious in handling the situation and made all efforts to return the bike in good order.

Cheers,

Christo

Christo, send the story to me, Ill dramatize it and repost nobody will know its you. Even I'm hungry for the detail! 

Jokes, happy you got it back mate. 

On 7/28/2021 at 8:55 AM, christovdw said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the interest.

Cheers,

Christo

Many years ago I had a bike stolen and it was recovered after 4 years of being missing.

I got hold of the police as I still had the case number and the officer wanted me to press charges as the person I had recovered it from was in possesion of stolen goods. It was a long story and I honestly dont believe they stole it.

In the end the person who had it offered to "make good" by getting the bike serviced and replacing anything that was worn etc.

I get where you are coming from though, its not always a simple black and white situation.