I use Garmin ANT+ HR and Cadence sensors on my bike and would like to see these readings on apps whilst training indoors. As I understand, there are 2 options being either an ANT+ dongle (plugs into a computer via USB port) or a bridge ("CABLE" by NPE being 1 option) which does not have to be plugged into any device but is controlled via a separate app. The bridge seems more versatile as it can connect whilst using IOS, Android or Windows devices.

Any shared experience would be appreciated.

I use Garmin ANT+ HR and Cadence sensors on my bike and would like to see these readings on apps whilst training indoors. 

Don't know if it answers your question but I have managed to link up my old Garmin GSC 10 (Speed and Cadence sensor) + Tickr HR strap to Rouvy and Zwift (not simultaneously) Android Apps.

Bike on plain rollers.

Just be careful, Garmin have 2 different ANT+ USB dongles, type 1 and 2. Type 1 as an example doesn't work with Rouvy.

Sadly for me so I do everything on my phone now [emoji53]

You are able to connect ANT+ sensors to your Android device if it has that device has functionality.

For example I use Zwift with my Samsung S10 that connects to my Speed,Cadence and Power meter with no dongles or external software.

If you wanting to connect it to your computer then from my understanding the above is correct. 

Personally I’m not a fan of bridging. Adding in a “step” or “loop” into the transmission end to end can only increase complexity or latency. I’d suggest Ant+ dongle.

• 5 weeks later...

You are able to connect ANT+ sensors to your Android device if it has that device has functionality.

For example I use Zwift with my Samsung S10 that connects to my Speed,Cadence and Power meter with no dongles or external software.

If you wanting to connect it to your computer then from my understanding the above is correct. 

S10 has Ant+ built in.

Sorry if this a stupid question, but with your setup, does the zwift app on your phone then control the trainer ito resistance? Can you connect a hr monitor like a wahoo tickr to the phone at the same time?

Apologies for my non technical understanding but I have a old style Cycleops Fluid (non smart!) trainer and powertap hubs, Elite + & SL+ wheels, keep to join mates on Zwift, any idea if either of these hubs can connect to Zwift?

Thanks

Apologies for my non technical understanding but I have a old style Cycleops Fluid (non smart!) trainer and powertap hubs, Elite + & SL+ wheels, keep to join mates on Zwift, any idea if either of these hubs can connect to Zwift?

Thanks

Depends on what protocol the hub transmits. Need to be either ANT+ or Bluetooth. If just ANT+ then you will need PC with ANT+ adaptor or a Android phone that has ANT+

Will then work on Zwift but of course you will need to adjust resistance manually.