Hey everyone.

I am looking for a free workout creator, similar to TrainingPeaks and Today's Plan. I want to create a workout and have it showing on my Wahoo Elemnt while riding. I had a look at TrainerDay, but TrainerDay uses 6 heart rate zones and I want to work with 5 zones because both my Elemnt and Strava work with 5.

If anyone know about something that I can use, I will appreciate it.

Thanks.

Edited by Marnich van Wyngaardt

If you use zwift you can create your own workouts there.

Free, try golden cheetah. I know there is a beta version in that software that might fit the bill. I've never used it myself, but it is free

If you use zwift you can create your own workouts there.

Free, try golden cheetah. I know there is a beta version in that software that might fit the bill. I've never used it myself, but it is free

No,I don't have zwift because I don't own a smart trainer or powermeter unfortunately.

I have looked at GoldenCheetah, but i can't see how to use it for outdoor rides. I may be wrong but i think it is only for indoor training.

As mentioned you can use the workout editor in Golden Cheetah and then use their train mode for the workout. There a few youtubes online how to do this. These workouts can also be exported

Also have a look at TrainerDay https://trainerday.com/ It is free and open souce, there are plenty of workouts already created by others and made public for anyone to use and even some plans. You can also create your own with the workout builder which is very simple to use. The workouts can be exported as an erg/mrc/zwo file and copied to your Elemnt

Am curious why you want to create workouts if you dont have a power meter or smart trainer as is usually what the workouts are created for.

Edited by shaper

As mentioned you can use the workout editor in Golden Cheetah and then use their train mode for the workout. There a few youtubes online how to do this. These workouts can also be exported

Also have a look at TrainerDay https://trainerday.com/ It is free and open souce, there are plenty of workouts already created by others and made public for anyone to use and even some plans. You can also create your own with the workout builder which is very simple to use. The workouts can be exported as an erg/mrc/zwo file and copied to your Elemnt

Am curious why you want to create workouts if you dont have a power meter or smart trainer as is usually what the workouts are created for.

In my post I mentioned TrainingDay, I actually meant to say TrainerDay. My only problem with that is you need to create your workout using 6 training zones where my elemnt and strava only work with 5 training zones.

So it is possible to use Golden Cheetah for outdoor rides?

Someday I will hopefully own a power meter but at the moment I use a heart rate monitor to do my intervals.

Try Final Surge Workout builder. Is a bit complicated as you have to make a basic bike workout but before you save the workout, you click and hold down the button that opens a editor where you can then add intervals based on HR. Am sure you will then be able to export in some format for your Elemnt.

Have a look at Trainshift App... I got a free year subscription. I have not used it as I cannot sync it to Traineroad.. but maybe it will be what you're looking for.

Have a look at Trainshift App... I got a free year subscription. I have not used it as I cannot sync it to Traineroad.. but maybe it will be what you're looking for.

Will check. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Golden Cheetah your best option. Its free, can build or import workouts, add videos and too many other features to mention. Also a detailed analysis with much more than you will ever use. We've tried every app over the last few months and for training GC is great