Uploading a new Rouvy Route

Neville Bailey

I've used Rouvy's route editor to create a new route, using both video and GPS data.

However, when I try to upload the route to the Internet, I get the error message "Internet connection error or server failure occurred" and the upload aborts.

I have checked that my internet connection is working, and I have tried the upload from two different computers.

Has anyone encountered this and know how to overcome the problem?

post-116263-0-82340400-1587635723_thumb.png

Hi Neville, mine was small without video but never encountered the problem.

I've also successfully uploaded a route without a video about 2 weeks ago. I've now tested an upload of another route without a video, and it also failed.

I suspect there might be a problem on Rouvy's server side.

Neville, you gonna try and load the 'Shova route for us? 

I'm trying to upload last year's Tour Durban route at the moment. This coming weekend would have been the race again...

Once I get that right, I will do the Amashova!

I'm having Rouvy issues as we speak. Did a ride on AR and Workout, it hasn't synced with anything yet. Been stuck a good 2 hours now, so it must be from their ride. Probably this whole Tour de Suisse thing messing up their servers. Or perhaps they had to do some hectic upgrades. 

post-63970-0-48652900-1587643458_thumb.png

I'm trying to upload last year's Tour Durban route at the moment. This coming weekend would have been the race again...

Once I get that right, I will do the Amashova!

Always been keen on this race, happy I'll get to try it out virtually first!  

I tried to ride a Rouvy route with a video, I tried Shova, 947 and and CTCT and none was able to download. My internet download speed is about 100mbps. International routes are fine. Is there anyone who has been able to ride a local route with a video?

I tried to ride a Rouvy route with a video, I tried Shova, 947 and and CTCT and none was able to download. My internet download speed is about 100mbps. International routes are fine. Is there anyone who has been able to ride a local route with a video?

Yip. 2015 CTCT. 

I’ve only done the Gordon’s Bay to Pringle Bay route with video. My CTCT video bombed out just before Hospital bend.

As far as Tour Durban goes, I’ve done the first *30Km, up to Pinetown on Rouvy in 2015, as prep for the race that year. Video would be nice, but it’s not essential.

Edit: * I think it’s 30Km

Yes, I've downloaded the"Gordans" bay video and the CTCT half distance (40km) and three others. Downloading was a hit and miss affair. Sometimes it wasn't interested other times it downloaded superquick. If its downloaded them you're not chewing up your data if you ride it again.

Ps: anyone done the Swiss Alps challenges?

Tough doesn't come close...