Share your pain: Let's try hurt each other

Mamil

The idea being - share your custom workout.

Zwift has the ability to create a custom workout and you can share this with others by copying the file out of your zwift folder and giving it to another zwifter who copies it into their filder as per this link

https://zwift.com/news/11792-importing-and-sharing-custom-zwift-workouts/

To get the ball rolling here's 

Mamilmangler: Pyramid scheme

New_Workout.zip

It's a warmup, then 1 minute at 180% FTP with 1 Minute rest (60%). Thereafter power requirement decrements by 20% and time doubles (as does rest interval) to a max of 5 minutes at just over FTP and then back up the ladder.

Disclaimer - I haven't actually done it yet - will do on the weekend.

Post yours?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will just lend you my unicycle... you will experience pain in ways you don't want to experience pain...

As long as you know someone in the medical field to to the patch up

I have a coach that does this 3-4 times a week for me, he always wins. I know he is winning by the excitement to see a rest day recovery ride on the plan.

I will just lend you my unicycle... you will experience pain in ways you don't want to experience pain...

In the week before lock down I saw three guys on unicycles at Wolwespruit.  :eek:

This is mine that I designed specifically for Alp du Zwift. I tweak it as I go. The idea is to get to the top as I finish the last interval. It has 10 intervals of 5 mins starting at ftp and then dropping slightly with 4 minute "rest" phases.

I need to edit it coz it's based on FTP.

post-83454-0-72579500-1587711187_thumb.png

If I want to hurt myself it's the Wringer or Cape Epic Workout #14

Edited by Duane_Bosch

If you doing power based training the easiest way to do this is to just manually add 5-10 watts to your ftp score in Zwift/Rouvy and do a % of FTP based session...

You want pain? I have not ridden my bike since December the 31st.  :(

You win!

I bough a new (secondhand) mountain bike 3 weeks before lock down. Have only ridin it once in the mountains.

Did this custom structured workout two weeks ago on Zwift. Skipped the last 16 stars, felt I was done after 06h12min, Uber Pretzel and 160km..

attachicon.gifTB Workout.jpg

Share this please. I won't complete it but it seems like a worthwhile endeavor. 

Low cadence VO2Max intervals:

• 20 minute warm up - 65% of FTP
  • At 110% - 120% of FTP:
    • 2 mins seated 55-65 rpm
    • 1 mins standing, +5 rpm
    • 1 mins seated 60-65 rpm
    • 30 secs standing, +5 rpm
    • 30 secs seated maintain previous cadence
  • 5 minutes easy spinning - 50-55% of FTP
  • Repeat 4-5 times
  • 10 minute cool down

That's pretty awesome, thanks!

TB is closer to 2400m of elevation though isn't it? Guess riding to power it won't matter. I'd like to do this as a prep closer to the time (if TB ends up happening that is).

Did this custom workout two weeks ago on Zwift. Skipped the last 16 stars, felt I was done after 06h12min, Uber Pretzel and 160km..

attachicon.gifTB Workout.jpg