Fox float rp23 leaking

Willem Engelbrecht

Hi, recently bought a niner jet9 2011 that comes with a fox float rp23 that is now leaking behind the rebound nob can anyone help me

Send it to Droo. He sorted mine out a few years ago.

What will it cost to fix it up

Roughly 1500zar, leaking behind the rebound knob is a damper problem. It's usually on of two orings that the compression/rebound metering rods slide on.

It's usually a good idea to do the aircan with the damper of the whole shock is gona come apart anyway

Hi, recently bought a niner jet9 2011 that comes with a fox float rp23 that is now leaking behind the rebound nob can anyone help me

Common problem with that unit if they are not serviced regularly

Rebuild time. You don't say where you're based, but we can sort you out as soon as we're allowed to open again. Rebuild starts at R 1 000, and if it's a second hand bike I'd suggest you do the fork at the same time to save you some severe financial pain down the line.

If you can avoid it, rather don't ride it in the meantime to prevent damage to the internals.

Rebuild time. You don't say where you're based, but we can sort you out as soon as we're allowed to open again. Rebuild starts

at R 1 000, and if it's a second hand bike I'd suggest you do the fork at the same time to save you some severe financial pain down the line.

If you can avoid it, rather don't ride it in the meantime to prevent damage to the internals.

Hi im based in capetown the fork seems in good condition and the leak is more behind the 1-2-3 settings ontop of the lockout lever

Hi im based in capetown the fork seems in good condition and the leak is more behind the 1-2-3 settings ontop of the lockout lever

Unfortunately you can't assess a fork without taking the lowers off - which basically means a service.  As Droo said - get it looked at now and then you can time the service intervals from a known point.  If you can see the problem from outside the lowers you are most likely in for big buck repairs.

take the advice given seriously. If you don't yo'll be in for R10k for a new fork